Steepest par three.

D

Deleted member 15344

I played chiltern forest the other day. It has a par 3 that is stupidly steep. Quite a Mickey mouse hole really.
The other day ? That par 3 playing across the valley has been closed for months now whilst they built the new one
thought they were digging that up and rebuilding it?

They have built a new green where the ladies tee was - it’s all been done but a few reckon they haven’t made the green right and I agree with them

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The other day ? That par 3 playing across the valley has been closed for months now whilst they built the new one

They have built a new green where the ladies tee was - it’s all been done but a few reckon they haven’t made the green right and I agree with them

thats sounds odd tbh, so you still hit across the other fairway?

D

Deleted member 15344

thats sounds odd tbh, so you still hit across the other fairway?

Yep - tee has been moved back and higher as well so it’s more on the same level as the green , it’s about 140 of the yellows and 160 off the whites, looks a lot better though

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Downhill ones include the 7th at Hankley Common, the 13th at Hopeman in Scotland (Presiach I think it's called) and the one at Bridport and West Dorset. All cracking holes.

D

Deleted member 15344

Downhill ones include the 7th at Hankley Common, the 13th at Hopeman in Scotland (Presiach I think it's called) and the one at Bridport and West Dorset. All cracking holes.

Is the 7th at Hankley downhill ?! Seems more a touch going up but mainly across a lot of heather ?
ok moving the tee higher sounds sensible for sure, there again they couldnt make it any worse could they

That’s very true - it’s certainly gets rid of one Mickey Mouse hole there

D

Deleted member 21258

The third 😉 great par three , good hole to get a HIO on 😆😆😆

We have one the same but tighter off the tee

Oh yeah 3rd doh.

You didn't get a HIO there, nice, great hole to see it going in the hole (y)

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
The 18th at Kinghorn was steep as I remember but that was a few years ago

I remember that very well but don't know if it's still there. I remember thinking it was impossible to hit a ball that high and still get the distance.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
10th and 18th at Woodland Manor, up and then down. wonder if it's still open ?

The Eiger and Vicarage holes respectively. Both extremely difficult holes. The original layout was that the Eiger was the 1st and Vicarage the 10th. Completely knackered by the time you got to the 2nd tee. Unfortunately the course has now closed.

(One of) the owner(s) there was a leftie and for some years ran a Left Hander's Open. Played in it many times. Very strange watching so many right handed people playing the right way round .............