Steepest par three.

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
The holes mentioned at Murrayshall Lynedoch, and at Moffat were the two I was thinking of. IIRC the one at Murrayshall is only short - about 100yds (?) - but it's all "up" rather than "across".

Leftie already mentioned that Woodlands Manor has closed - but that 18th was just silly - especially with the public highway at the bottom of the hill running just in front of the green. Austin Lodge has also gone. Some while now, & the course barely discernable as such on Google's aerial photos.

Ross61

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The steepest par 3 holes I’ve played are 3rd at Cold Ashby (downhill) and 1st at Rickmansworth (uphill).
Steepest tee shot I’ve played on par 4 (uphill) is the 11th at my home course The Millbrook.

azazel

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The 10th at Dunaverty is pretty steep uphill and the green at the 14th (I think) at The Carrick is pretty far below the level of the tee.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The steepest par 3 holes I’ve played are 3rd at Cold Ashby (downhill) and 1st at Rickmansworth (uphill).
Steepest tee shot I’ve played on par 4 (uphill) is the 11th at my home course The Millbrook.
Ah yes, first at Ricky is probably the steepest I've played as well. Card says 133 yards off the yellows, but it plays more like 150.

As for downhill, the 17th at Pinner Hill is ridiculous. So steep you can't see the green or the pin from the tee, you're just looking out over the edge of a hill. There's a big aiming marker thing amongst the trees at the back to give you the line. Down the bottom of the hill there is a 5 foot sheer drop to the green as well. 232 yards off the yellows, but you can hit literally anything from a wood to a mid iron and just let it roll down the hill and hope for the best. Total guessing game. Stupid hole really. When it's snowing all the locals go sledding down it I've heard.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
"Strathpeffer’s ‘claim to fame’ is that its opening hole features the longest drop from tee to green in Scotland."
Then to get you back up the hill there are a couple of very steep par 3's which used to get me well out of breath.

Other steep uphill par 3's:
4th at Llandrindod Wells.
1st at Knighton.
2nd at Daventry.

hacker_al

Club Champion
Visit site
I remember one at Cold Ashby that's a long way downhill.
Worst one I've encountered is at Daventry where the green is at the top of the hill, completely blind. It's only about 100 yards but about the height of a house.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Dudley GC on the top of Turner's Hill, highest point in the West Midlands has some very steep holes. Never played it but have walked over it many times.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Not a par 3 but it almost is - the 18th at Wycombe Heights. Not sure of the yardage but it's so steeply down that in the summer you could probably nudge a 6 iron down there. I've pitched on it with a 4 wood into the wind...
Just checked yardage -344.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
"Strathpeffer’s ‘claim to fame’ is that its opening hole features the longest drop from tee to green in Scotland."
Then to get you back up the hill there are a couple of very steep par 3's which used to get me well out of breath.

Other steep uphill par 3's:
4th at Llandrindod Wells.
1st at Knighton.
2nd at Daventry.

After the 11th of Otago (Dunedin) Golf Club there is an grindingly long and steep uphill path to the 12th tee. So they have installed a steel cable/hawser 'pulley' system. Grab hold of hawser at the bottom and press the button and you and your trolley are hauled up the hill :)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Not a par 3 but it almost is - the 18th at Wycombe Heights. Not sure of the yardage but it's so steeply down that in the summer you could probably nudge a 6 iron down there. I've pitched on it with a 4 wood into the wind...
Just checked yardage -344.
Get you big boy ;):ROFLMAO:

*TQ*

Club Champion
Visit site
Any of the first three holes at Church Stretton:

01-tee-w1100.jpg

02-tee-w1100.jpg

the-3rd-green-c-web-w1100.jpg

Wildrover

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Anything I have seen before was recently knocked into a cocked hat by the 1st at Bridge of Allan GC near Stirling, 200 yds up a mountain, oh and there's a stone wall running across it about 20-30 yds short of the green. One of my PP's took a mid iron out to lay up thinking it was a Par4.
Steepest downhill is the 18th at Langland Bay GC in Cornwall, massive drop off the cliff top to the green below.

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Correction: 1st at Knighton is a 4 and not a 3. Still a beast though.
What names do you call some of these little monsters?
Heartache, Heartbreak, Beast, Cardiac, Find me out, or what?

At Church Stretton the 1st is more awkward than steep.
At Painswick, I think the hole mentioned is not so steep. It's the bank of the old fortification that causes the problem.