Spikeless Golf Shoes

D

Deleted member 23270

I have both cleats and spikeless shoes. I wouldn't wear spikeless in the rain or winter, they don't inspire me with the same level of confidence that cleats do.

ChrisB0210

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I've worn Skechers Go Golf spikeless all winter with no issues, following a recommendation from our club pro. They've been brilliant in wet, frosty and dry weather and are extremely comfortable. I'd definitely buy another pair.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had issues historically on dewy grass and when it's frosty so would prefer a cleat in those conditions. Other than that, a light summer shoe for an evening round can't be beaten. Plenty of decent makes out there these days. I'm traditionally a FJ user but looking at Skechers as we've a store opening locally

JT77

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have had slipping issues from time to time, with cleats and without which is why I always wore them in the wet, however with the biom I’m not experiencing it any where near as much, maybe just me but they def made a diff.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I made and interesting discovery this winter. I would normally always wear spikes in frosty conditions, but sometimes find the spikes ice up and you are walking on big lumps of ice on occasion. noticed one of my reg playing partners always wore his Bio M when it was icy . These don't clog with ice so you are not having to pick it off the spikes of shoes with these. i now always wear spikeless in frost.

Ecco are my shoe of choice, though i don't really like the new designs. luckily i have a few pairs to last me a few years.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I have a pair of Skechers spikeless which are comfy to wear in the summer but our course is pretty hilly and can get slippy when wet so I tend to play in Pro-Stingers in the winter, softspikes in the summer and spikeless on sunny days.