Damp feet with waterproof shoes

D

Deleted member 23270

Shoes are only waterproof if you hit every fairway and green in regulation. Soon as you go off piste water gets in via your socks and trousers.
Hit it straight or buy waterproof socks.

RichA

Visit site
The source of the problem (assuming no split seems or sole coming away from the uppers) is simply water coming 'over the top' from the the long grass or running down water proof trousers.
Not necessarily. It always starts at my toes.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
Not necessarily. It always starts at my toes.
Me too.
I've spent years having problems with leaking shoes of various brands, and it's definitely the toes that get wet, not coming in over the top or through the laces.
And yet other people tell me they don't have the issue.
I am beginning to think that perhaps an individual's gait might have some bearing. Maybe I just walk funny?
I've taken to using Sealskinz.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
I'd go pretty much along with what everyone else is saying. I have Skechers golf shoes which are waterproof, but the water will get in at the top and via the wet bottoms of the trousers. I have waterproof socks that I bought from Aldi. Do the same job as Sealkskin at half the price. Well worth the money. Also help to keep your feet a bit warmer in the winter. (y)

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I still hate the idea of buying waterproof socks. I refuse to believe that there isn't a single manufacturer who can make a decent pair of waterproof shoes anymore. ?

I had the Inesis winter shoes for a couple of years, they never leaked and they were only 55 quid. Currently have a pair of Skechers which have been great so far but only got them in September so not a long enough timeline for a proper review of waterproofness.

The last Footjoys and Callaway shoes that I had in the past were woeful so I swore I'd never go back to them. Both of them leaking like sieves after only one year.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
A lot depends on how much you use them as well
Play once a week and 3 or 4 years should be achievable
Play 3 or 4 times a week and if you get a year out of them you're doing OK.

AAC

Visit site
I played yesterday in a pair of 10 year old Myjoy Icons & a pair of Sealskinz socks, despite it being very wet underfoot and several trips into deep rough my feet stayed very dry & warm

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must be lucky. I wear sketchers and have never had wet feet. In the winter I always use my scruffy old ones too.
My playing partner is a right tight git. He won't pay for expensive shoes so he covers his cheapo's in waterproof spray once a week. He said it works ?‍♂️

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
Do different flavours have different absorbency rates? Maybe some research required ?
Don't use decaf teabags, as they seem to be far more "dusty" and you'll end up with powdered tea all over your socks. Which makes you very unpopular with the missus, in my experience...! ? Try peppermint for a fresh smell!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I played yesterday in a pair of 10 year old Myjoy Icons & a pair of Sealskinz socks, despite it being very wet underfoot and several trips into deep rough my feet stayed very dry

This. Always uses sealzskin socks and never any bother. Put shoe horns in after use, wipe clean and then put those silicon gel packs you get with

This. Always wear silzskin socks and put shoe horns in after use. Wipe clean put some newspaper in and also those silicon gel packs you get with loads of stuff to soak up moisture

Keep away from radiator and polish when dry and add dubbin to the older shoes as necessary

hovis

Tour Winner
Visit site
This. Always wear silzskin socks and put shoe horns in after use. Wipe clean put some newspaper in and also those silicon gel packs you get with loads of stuff to soak up moisture

Keep away from radiator and polish when dry and add dubbin to the older shoes as necessary
I take mine off wet, Lob them in my boot and then put them on next round. ?