G/Fore shoes

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I’ve seen a good deal in the G/Fore sale for some BOA spikeless shoes and was wondering if anyone had any real life experience of them? Wondering about fit (usually a 10, usual golf shoes are FJ or UA) and durability. Not too concerned about waterproofing as I am a fair weather golfer 🤣

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I have pair of gallivanter and mg4, they are same size as adidas golf shoes for me.
Really comfortable and 100% waterproof.
Based on your comparison with Adidas I have gone 1/2 a size up as I feel Adidas are a bit narrow for me. Free returns if they are not suitable so should be fine.

need_my_wedge

Has Now Found His Wedgie
Visit site
Had a pair of g/Fore spikeless last season, useless for golf. Not a lot of tread to start, rubbish grip, too easy to slip when swinging and what little tread there was has worn a lot. Nearly went backside over tea kettle on a number of occasions just walking on the course when wet. Very plastic shoes, feet sweat a lot, and that’s from someone who doesn’t suffer sweaty feet.

Not a fan

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a pair of g/Fore spikeless last season, useless for golf. Not a lot of tread to start, rubbish grip, too easy to slip when swinging and what little tread there was has worn a lot. Nearly went backside over tea kettle on a number of occasions just walking on the course when wet. Very plastic shoes, feet sweat a lot, and that’s from someone who doesn’t suffer sweaty feet.

Not a fan
Get off the fence and tell us how you really feel.

Sheesh, aren't they like £200?

Bobthesock

Visit site
£100 is cheap?!? I payed less than £25 for my pumas a few months ago. Bought them thinking they would be good for winter but might wear them all year.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
£100 is cheap?!? I payed less than £25 for my pumas a few months ago. Bought them thinking they would be good for winter but might wear them all year.
Quite a few on here bought the Puma GS-One shoes at the end of the season, good old Bargains thread. SD and HoF were knocking them out at £31 delivered (might be the same ones as you have?). I bought a pair and they will sit in the box until April / May sometime. I like Puma shoes and for that price...........You just need to keep an eye out and sometimes buy ahead of when you actually need them.

D

Deleted member 15344

Most of the better shoes are over £100 these days - Ecco’s , top range Footjoys and Adidas etc

And most of those last and are high quality

There will always be cheaper shoes on the market that will fit people’s budget

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wouldn't say £100 is cheap but it's definitely quite reasonable for a good pair of shoes nowadays. I'd probably want them to be waterproof for that price. But I've certainly paid more than that for my two pairs of Ecco shoes. If you're talking about trainer-style summer shoes though, you don't really need to look north of £60.