Solheim Cup 2023

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Refreshingly not so much on this thread but plenty do decry (aka scoff) at women's golf. If I could be bothered I'd find plenty on this forum to prove @SwingsitlikeHogan 's point.

The point I was trying is no one at this moment is scoffing or being derogatory about ladies golf so let’s just focus on thrilling event they have put on as opposed to anyone looking at negatives

D

Deleted member 15344

Absolutely nothing negative…just would be nice to hear the scoffers eating their words.

About what though - it was great entertainment as a spectacle but you know that people will point to the quality of the golf

It’s better to just not look for any acceptance and enjoy what you watched

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Just read a post by an American asking why the Koreans weren’t playing 🤦🏻‍♂️
It was interesting that seven (?) of the US team were of Asian origin. Especially against the odds I would think given the wasp-ish dominated background of golf as a privileged sport in the USA.
As with the long remarked high proportion of Asian's on the LPGA, its a curious proportion.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
In merely numbers, the world is dominated by Asian people.
In billions, it is Asia, Americas, Europe, Africa in the proportion 4:1:1:1
With the greater mobility and opportunities arising in the world, it is not surprising to me to see people of Asian origin outnumbering others in global events.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
In merely numbers, the world is dominated by Asian people.
In billions, it is Asia, Americas, Europe, Africa in the proportion 4:1:1:1
With the greater mobility and opportunities arising in the world, it is not surprising to me to see people of Asian origin outnumbering others in global events.
It should surprise you.
Following your logic though, it does explain how Asian teams have always dominated the football world cup and have won most of them. Oh wait...

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
It should surprise you.
Following your logic though, it does explain how Asian teams have always dominated the football world cup and have won most of them. Oh wait...
That was then.
Economics have played a great part in opportunities for sporting success.

The world is changing and will continue to change.

This century will see a rise in prosperity for Asia and then Africa. Their populations will rise as will their economic prosperity, whereas America and Europe will remain stable.
World population will rise from 7 billion at the start of this century to 10 or 11 billion by the end.
Proportions of population in billions for Asia: Africa: Europe: Americas could be 6:2:1:1 by about 2075.
America and Europe will no longer dominate the world economically or in sporting success.
I can see it starting to happen now and I expect it to continue.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
That was then.
Economics have played a great part in opportunities for sporting success.

The world is changing and will continue to change.

This century will see a rise in prosperity for Asia and then Africa. Their populations will rise as will their economic prosperity, whereas America and Europe will remain stable.
World population will rise from 7 billion at the start of this century to 10 or 11 billion by the end.
Proportions of population in billions for Asia: Africa: Europe: Americas could be 6:2:1:1 by about 2075.
America and Europe will no longer dominate the world economically or in sporting success.
I can see it starting to happen now and I expect it to continue.
With respect, that is nonsense as an explanation of the proportion of successful Asian ladies on the US team or the LPGA. Are 7/12 of the totality of US lady golfers of Asian origin ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Moving on back to the golf…..
Great performance from the ladies, especially after the first session, great mental resilience from the whole team.
As for Ciganda, that last 2 iron shots under that pressure, just superb.
I’m not sure there will be any change for the European team next year.

Was surprising to see that prob Europes number 1 and best player Boutier was the one player who ended up with 0 points and you have Ciganda winning 4 out of 4 , with Grant and Maguire having 3