Solheim Cup 2023

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
So, round over 5 and a half hours.

The cynic in me thinks the broadcasters ask the players to play mega slow. Allows them to show most of the shots, fit in advertisements and allow McGinley time to tell us how important it is to get ahead in match play
The ladies have cleared their weekends to be here. No need to hurry. But you are right, it does make it easier to see everything in close to real time.

D

Deleted member 15344

Great chip from Maguire and then a pure Herman from Thompson

D

Deleted member 15344

Yep. Handicap golfers the world over are thanking Lexi Thompson for making us all feel that much better about our short games.

Sometimes a Herman is impressive to watch and that was one of them

Looking like a good fight back from Europes this afternoon

I didn’t realise Ciganda was Spanish and is local 🙄

D

Deleted member 15344

Very nearly 3.5 to .5 but a great putt on the last gave the US another half - certainly better golf this afternoon and even better when they turned off the music

D-S

Visit site
If you think the plonker McGinly and the droning Micky Walker are bad on Sky, just try listening to the absolute slice of an American that the BBC have wasted my licence fee on in their highlights. Jeez.

D-S

Visit site
Sky coverage was poor all day, particularly the graphics.

Match scores/situations wrong or not given. Shots played wrong. Several times we had no idea what the situation was.

Hope they sort it tomorrow
Apparently it is not the Sky cameras covering it, it is a different production company. They do employ McGinley and Walker though, so they are in no way blameless.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Sky coverage was poor all day, particularly the graphics.

Match scores/situations wrong or not given. Shots played wrong. Several times we had no idea what the situation was.

Hope they sort it tomorrow
It was unusually messy from Sky. Not sure what was wrong, as they do usually know whats going on. With on coursers, and TV feed, it was amazing at times to have them not know moments we had just watched ourselves. McGinley adds nothing. The rest of the crew are good though. Better without Dame Laura I feel, and they have a good selection of ladies all knowledgeable and with good TV style.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Apparently it is not the Sky cameras covering it, it is a different production company. They do employ McGinley and Walker though, so they are in no way blameless.
Doesnt explain how we knew things and they didnt. Unless they were watching a different feed. Plus the have the on coursers who should be right up to speed on things like penalty drops, provisionals, fora win or a half, etc.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
The commentary was constantly 2 or 3 seconds behind the action shown
They're obviously watching the same feed we are but it takes a couple of seconds for their words to get to us.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Did they actually have on coursers? Can't recall and input from them on the commentary?

It was shoddy. Switch to a match with someone putting and no idea what for and in what context. Hopefully they'll sort it out for the next two days. Hopefully our girls will sort out their putting too!

4LEX

Visit site
So, round over 5 and a half hours.

The cynic in me thinks the broadcasters ask the players to play mega slow. Allows them to show most of the shots, fit in advertisements and allow McGinley time to tell us how important it is to get ahead in match play

That's always been my thought. Slow play only benefits the broadcasters unless it's a Sunday on the back nine where they focus on fewer players and want it speeded up.