Solheim Cup 2023

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Just turned on to hear Eviva España blaring out from behind the first tee. And promptly turned off again. Sorry, but as a viewing spectacle this is being absolutely ruined. I hope and pray they show a modicum of class next week in Rome.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Yes, usually RC, SC works fine on TV, even when there are 12 matches out. This coverage seems to miss some shots, so you lose your bearings, and what shot they are hitting now is no help when you dont know the opposition situation. It does look either like inexperienced productuon, or, experienced strokeplay production only where the individual versus par quickly puts you in the picture. In matchplay it doesnt. Sunday could be very messy to follow.
Hopefully Rome is better.

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
The crowd on the first do genuinely seem to enjoy the music though.

Maybe we should go back to no cheering or chanting at all. Just polite muted applause for a good shot, and seemingly distracted look away, there-but-for-the-grace-of-God type sypathetic silence for a poor shot.

Swango1980

Visit site
The crowd on the first do genuinely seem to enjoy the music though.

Maybe we should go back to no cheering or chanting at all. Just polite muted applause for a good shot, and seemingly distracted look away, there-but-for-the-grace-of-God type sypathetic silence for a poor shot.
Clearly the music is there for them. Not the TV audience, as I doubt there are many at home who have the face paint on, waving the flags and dancing round their living room to Killer Queen.

However, I'm pretty sure good TV production can do both, where they do a good job of filtering out the background music. Unless of course the group they are showing is on the 1st tee. But, like the poor visuals talked about at times, I think they are just doing a bad job with the audio as well.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s really hard to watch due to the production , all seems out of sync. Not sure if Sky are the host broadcaster or it’s the organisers own production.

Europe doing well this afternoon though

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
I'm glad I haven'treached the point where background music, a dodgy graphic or a commentator would make me turn off golf coverage

Hoping it's a long way off

I know it’s only during the hour or so during which the matches are getting underway, but the dreadful cheesy Euro pop blaring out is just too awful for words. It cheapens the Solheim Cup for me.

It’s just another trait we seem to have imported from across the Atlantic which we don’t need. I was at Wentworth last weekend and some of the drunken hollering following tee shots was absolutely unbelievable. It’s football stand behaviour on a golf course and it’s just not needed.

I only switched over for the first hour this afternoon. I’ve watched a good deal of the rest of the coverage and am quite enjoying it.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
I like noise and chanting and singing on the first tee in both Solheim and Ryder Cup but agree we don't need a karaoke machine.

Can't recall ever hearing the stupid shouts as much as at Wentworth last week - in the UK that is. Kick the louts out I say.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s really hard to watch due to the production , all seems out of sync. Not sure if Sky are the host broadcaster or it’s the organisers own production.

Europe doing well this afternoon though
Pictures coming from a German company apparently. It’s a broadcaster that the LET use. Not doing a great job.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pictures coming from a German company apparently. It’s a broadcaster that the LET use. Not doing a great job.
It’s awful, shots out of sync at times and jumping all over the place. Some of the worst golf production seen , not great for the competition

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very impressive fightback from the European Ladies

To go 8-4 in three sessions is great golf

Some brilliant golf from Grant , Ciganda , Maguire and Pedersen especially

As good as we could have hoped for to start tomorrow all level. Standard of golf much better today (they said wind direction was a factor) but coverage just as poor :-(

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
And it wasnt even a session lost in a way. Yesterdays foursomes damage was all done in the first 6 holes, leaving too much gap to fight back to take something from that session. Euro ladies collectively didnt get off on the right foot or were not mentally up to speed on the first tee. Captain issue there maybe.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
And it wasnt even a session lost in a way. Yesterdays foursomes damage was all done in the first 6 holes, leaving too much gap to fight back to take something from that session. Euro ladies collectively didnt get off on the right foot or were not mentally up to speed on the first tee. Captain issue there maybe.

Maybe putting two rookies out first wasn't a wise choice. 3 down after 3 and playing catch up plus quitens the crowd and impacts the remaining pairings. Plus Charley clearly not being 100% fit...

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
As good as we could have hoped for to start tomorrow all level. Standard of golf much better today (they said wind direction was a factor) but coverage just as poor :-(
First day it really blew from the West. Today wind from the east and not as strong. Think tomorrow it will be more like the first day. Finca Cortesín is a tough course, built on big hills that lead into the mountains. You never get a calm day in this part of Spain. It used to be called the windy coast, but changed to the golf coast to encourage the tourists.

The first hole is a drive and five iron from my apartment and the crowd noise is unbelievable. Great to see the fantastic support for one of the top ladies sporting events.