So ... Bryson Dechambeau

Alex1975

Tour Winner
Visit site
http://www.masters.com/en_US/watch/2016-04-08/47959_0408_1.html

5.00 - 5.30 smug alert :rofl:

certainly has bucket loads of self belief. He will ruffle a few feathers on tour and be great entertainment on and off the course.

Yep, having watched that I totally get your comment. The 5m to 5.30 is actually no more or less than the whole thing actually. I did note he does a lot of self soothing in the interview though. Cuddles himself a number of times, face palms a lot and crosses his arms. He's a kid I guess and a little sure, probably a good thing in this world.

Interestingly he does cover "pridefullness" in the interview and would hope it's more awareness or whatever he said.

Interesting stuff though.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bryson is definitely not from the standard collegiate identikit make up of new tour pros. Not afraid to be different or do things his way. Hope things work out for him, if for the nod to Payne Stewart with the hats. Nice touch

Three

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Think he will do well.

He is as smug as anyone I've ever seen.

Loads of people will end up hating him.

Something different and cool swing. Welcome to pro ranks. Best of luck. A welcome addition.

First time I heard him on the radio a few months ago, he made some comment about "Bryson Golf ... Ala his style of play, Ala" Bubba Golf "

At the time I thought they would be equally as popular, my view hasn't changed.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Bryson used the cobra driver (king F6+ 7º the adjustable weight taken out of his version swingweight B-9 ) 3 metal 14.2º, hybrid utility iron 18.5º, and set of adjusted cobra king forged mb irons at the georgia cup - but went back to a new set of his individual specced edel irons at the Masters

going to be using the cobra driver, metal and hybrid but will still be using the edel irons, edel wedges, and putter (the brick)
puma clothing, puma ignite shoes, bridgestone tour b330-s ball & bridgestone glove

as I said earlier he's a good guy - the masters play plus all the interviews all done under the cloud of his dad being ill

Last edited:

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Bryson used the cobra driver (king F6+ 7º the adjustable weight taken out of his version swingweight B-9 ) 3 metal 14.2º, hybrid utility iron 18.5º, and set of adjusted cobra king forged mb irons at the georgia cup - but went back to a new set of his individual specced edel irons at the Masters

going to be using the cobra driver, metal and hybrid but will still be using the edel irons, edel wedges, and putter (the brick)
puma clothing, puma ignite shoes, bridgestone tour b330-s ball & bridgestone glove

as I said earlier he's a good guy - the masters play plus all the interviews all done under the cloud of his dad being ill

I'd wonder if Cobra will work closely with him to have cobra irons in the bag by next season.

Then cap head covers like the flat bill Fowler ones although I don't quiet expect Bryson to be known as a fashion trend setter like his stablemate :D.

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'd wonder if Cobra will work closely with him to have cobra irons in the bag by next season.

anything is possible but knowing the way he feels about his edel's then Cobra going to have to come up with something special for him to change

although I currently don't use them in play - have a set of 3 edel wedges am currently trialing have to say although maybes visually little ways challenging - the edel wedge grinds are very possibly the very best engineered wedges around at the moment

have one fourteen wedge in play and was prior to taking delivery of the edel's thinking of looking at the other fourteen wedges but the loft and grind options with fourteen are a ways narrow not enough options (to date)

may well put the edel's in the bag proper - if there's a edel fitter around you and you looking at new wedges would seriously take a look

Last edited:

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
anything is possible but knowing the way he feels about his edel's then Cobra going to have to come up with something special for him to change

In the post Masters press conference he talked about spending time on the course testing new irons earlier in the week - suggesting he was close to changing to Cobra. Sounds like wasted time then....

the_coach

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In the post Masters press conference he talked about spending time on the course testing new irons earlier in the week - suggesting he was close to changing to Cobra. Sounds like wasted time then....

guess time will tell

as said he'd already played the cobra irons in play through the Georgia cup but switched back for the Masters to a new set of edel's he'd not long had to replace his originals

- like the new hogans his edel's have loft stamped on them not iron #'s - though with the original edel iron set the loft of some of them had been bent a tad so weren't exactly the loft that was stamped on the bottom

selwood90

Head Pro
Visit site
Great to see him do so well, was rooting for him to hold his own and he certainly did that. Nice to see him go pro, deserves it. Don't think it will be too long before he is pressuring some of golf's bigger names after what we saw at the masters

D

Deleted member 15344

Have a feeling that he is going to disappear as a pro

D

Deleted member 15344

I have a feeling you're going to be wrong in a massive way. :thup:

It wouldn't be the first time

There just have been a procession of these Amatuers on a yearly basis - the percentage of them that actually go on to do well appears to be small.

Just with all the hype and club deals etc - can see it being a bit of damp squid. He may even win early - like Tom Lewis for example but then fade away.

Certainly see soon enough

Qwerty

Tour Winner
Visit site
It wouldn't be the first time

There just have been a procession of these Amatuers on a yearly basis - the percentage of them that actually go on to do well appears to be small.

Just with all the hype and club deals etc - can see it being a bit of damp squid. He may even win early - like Tom Lewis for example but then fade away.

Certainly see soon enough

I wouldn't be surprised if your right Phil.

Like you say Theres been a lot of Amateurs who have been touted as the next big thing only to fade away or just become a Journeyman.

Theres no doubt he's got the talent but Its got to be a different kind of pressure out on tour week in week out.
I'd imagine he's on top of the world right now and really enjoying his golf, just playing with no pressure as he's nothing to lose.
If he can keep that mindset then who knows.. But I think that is the tough part.

D

Deleted member 15344

I wouldn't be surprised if your right Phil.

Like you say Theres been a lot of Amateurs who have been touted as the next big thing only to fade away or just become a Journeyman.

Theres no doubt he's got the talent but Its got to be a different kind of pressure out on tour week in week out.
I'd imagine he's on top of the world right now and really enjoying his golf, just playing with no pressure as he's nothing to lose.
If he can keep that mindset then who knows.. But I think that is the tough part.

It's very tough - lots of guys who star in the Walker Cup just disappear when turning pro - some like Rose battle back but there is prob more Gordon Sherrys as opposed to Justin Roses.

He can hit a cracking golf ball - certainly shown that but as you say it needs more than that

It's the same with the guys like Mullen and Dunne who recently turned Pro - Dunne has done well to gain his card but has a big battle now , Mullen is on the Challenge Tour.