So ... Bryson Dechambeau

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why against the flat cap? Think it looks cool, been around longer then the baseball and more character then the baseball. Plus Bryson is a fresh of breath air to a sport that is in decline, he's different to the norm and not since the tragic death of Payne have we seen a player that's different.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
I like the guy. Nice to see someone very different on the tour. Bar a bit of a spat with his caddy during the amateur I've not seen anything I'd dislike about him. His self confidence is admirable and his came across very honestly in his post round interview. He'll certainly add a little something to the tour.

Wishon will be able to capitalize for a while if they market it right but I won't be surprised if Cobra offer a one length set next year.

He must be going to cobra. All the signs are there. He was head to toe in Puma gear. He's using Cobra woods having previously used Taylormades. He had Cobra irons for a test run but naturally when back to what he knows for something as big as the masters with his irons but I'm sure he be rocking Cobra irons again when he's signed the dotted line and they can really start investing in him with chance of a return. Only thing I can't see change soon is his putter but then Cobra aren't really big in the flat stick market and his Edel Brick wasn't failing him much.

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
Don't think he needs the hype at this stage. Sections of the media just setting him up to fail. Let him play some tournaments and see how he gets on.

I like the hat, the swing not so much. :)

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure how well he will do but good gesture to go and great Willett as he finished

Backsticks

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Is it just me who thinks his swing is absolutely horrific?

Its just an oddment. Cosmetically distinctive in the manner of Darcy, Trevino, Floyd, Daly, etc. But nothing particularly good, nothing particularly bad. Its certainly no development and he gains no advantage from it than he would probably have if he played conventionally. (If I hear 'physics major' one more time in relation to it...).
So impossible to tell how he will go. One of the pack world top 100 probably.

The cap is fine. A little retro affectation never hurt anyone. But if he is trying to suggest a Hoganesque 'solving' of the golf swing, then less good.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He seems like a great, passionate and ambitious lad to me. Nothing wrong with that or his hat. Then again I do have an irrational dislike of baseball caps and would like to see less of them anyway.

Capella

Journeyman Pro
blog.jutta-jordans.de
I love his flat hat and I love the way he insists on sticking with those one length irons and developing them further. There's a certain nerdiness in that which I like, independent thinking as well. It's like he is trying to beat the golf course with his brain more than through raw physical power or by just following the advice others give him. He might be a bit too cocky for his own good, though. We'll see. I am certain his US Amateur championship has earned him quite a few exemptions, but will he be playing as a regular on the PGA Tour from the start or will he have to go through q-school to get in?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Imagine there will be huge media attention this coming week. Not sure he'll be bothered after the circus of Augusta. I hope he can get a few good weeks under his belt and would be great to see him get a full card

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Id like to know how you bend a set of irons 13 degrees upright. Titleist would only bend my ZB 3 degrees max. 13 is a lot, there must be quite a rate of attrition.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Oh, and i like the hat, dont like the swing. I read somewhere that he does model himself on Payne Stewart, so i'm just waiting for the bloomers.

Karl102

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not stuck on him tbh...... Started when he didn't help look for a golf ball when he played with Mcilroy and I think Sullivan, but I could be wrong....

palindromicbob

Tour Winner
Visit site
Afaik, Edel golf did really make them especially for him, they did not just take their normal heads and bent them upright.

They look like steam punk golf clubs. Mixed metals, holes drilled around them and lead tape all over them. Unique, just like the player. He should have worn one of the boiler suits and welding goggles on the course :D

It's the fact he isn't a cookie cutter golfer that draws me to him.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
Another like for the guy from me. He's a bit different and seems to have a personality which is good. Also seems willing to travel a bit to get experience which I like and is not a PGA stay in the US player like some are.

Hope he goes onto great things.