So ... Bryson Dechambeau

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
Agree the swing is not great to watch for most, and also a tad too much faffing with books etc. But I do give great credit for achieving what he had already going down a path most of the established teachers in the game would not endorse.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Definitely a case of someone getting the most out of their abilities. It's not textbook and seems far to structured and stiff but he's making it work. His reliance on numbers and the yardages and protracted discussions are an issue as a casual viewer and you have to wonder if he's one that the powers than be would have their eye on for putting on the clock

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Definitely a case of someone getting the most out of their abilities. It's not textbook and seems far to structured and stiff but he's making it work. His reliance on numbers and the yardages and protracted discussions are an issue as a casual viewer and you have to wonder if he's one that the powers than be would have their eye on for putting on the clock

He does rely on numbers a lot but he needs to produce the same swing every time to achieve this. For that alone I give him kudos, I would have liked him to win on Sunday was it not for Rory and Tiger in the running as well.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
He does rely on numbers a lot but he needs to produce the same swing every time to achieve this. For that alone I give him kudos, I would have liked him to win on Sunday was it not for Rory and Tiger in the running as well.

Apparently his goal is to reduce the golf swing to the very simplest low risk technique - regardless of what it might look like - and so repetition becomes much easier. But aesthetically it is weird (and rather horrid) - but then again the swings of Vardon, Taylor and Braid look weird today. I do wonder how much his game is totally based upon the stats, info and tech on the practice grond and that he carries around with him.

His 'scientific' approach is that which might benefit most from freeing up limits on use of technology and data during the round - and that I wouldn't like to see. So on that basis alone - sorry - but I do not want him to reach the very top.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

cancel.

Don't want to start a riot!

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Yes he's different as is his swing but I'm quite happy about that. For far too long golf has been full of automatons reproducing the perfect swing. This game needs alternative characters and it gives something different for the commentators to talk about.

And nothing wrong with wearing a flat cap either. I do at times and very dashing I look too! :smirk:

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Yes he's different as is his swing but I'm quite happy about that. For far too long golf has been full of automatons reproducing the perfect swing. This game needs alternative characters and it gives something different for the commentators to talk about.

And nothing wrong with wearing a flat cap either. I do at times and very dashing I look too! :smirk:

Maybe he thinks he's Ben Hogan - mind you my mrs wasn't that impressed with his haircut in one picture of him with Arnie they showed - her suspicions were premature balding :)