So ... Bryson Dechambeau

D

Deleted member 15344

Yes its tough....and a bit of a vicious circle.

No doubt - there have been many very talented players who have struggled on Tour with a number having to try and regain their card and having to play on the Challenge Tour. Remember Bradley Dredge at one stage ended up on the EuroPro tour

Bryson will be flooded with Comp invites for the first 6 months - he needs to use them to gain his PGA card - if he doesn't then it's a big struggle

seochris

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
No doubt - there have been many very talented players who have struggled on Tour with a number having to try and regain their card and having to play on the Challenge Tour. Remember Bradley Dredge at one stage ended up on the EuroPro tour

Bryson will be flooded with Comp invites for the first 6 months - he needs to use them to gain his PGA card - if he doesn't then it's a big struggle

Yeah there were a number of very good amateurs who had 'very promising careers' in front of them and then vanished..,,I seem to remember some guy called Patrick Cantalay or something like that and there was another one who was in the same Walker Cup year as Tom lewis who also turned pro and vanished....

Speith I think also had quite a tough start but just managed to keep his head above water in that difficult transition period...

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah there were a number of very good amateurs who had 'very promising careers' in front of them and then vanished..,,I seem to remember some guy called Patrick Cantalay or something like that and there was another one who was in the same Walker Cup year as Tom lewis who also turned pro and vanished....

Speith I think also had quite a tough start but just managed to keep his head above water in that difficult transition period...

Yep Cantley has disappeared as well - failed to gain a tour card and also didn't make Web.Com finals

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's funny. A really bright kid comes along, does things a little differently, performs brilliantly, wins tournaments and has as good a chance as any other to do well as a pro and people criticise him because of his hat.

What is this? Mumsnet?

D

Deleted member 15344

It's funny. A really bright kid comes along, does things a little differently, performs brilliantly, wins tournaments and has as good a chance as any other to do well as a pro and people criticise him because of his hat.

What is this? Mumsnet?

His hat ? Really ? - think it's the best hat of the lot. Would be a shame if he swapped it

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site

I think I read he has 7 pre Ryder Cup invites already. I think he'll be fine.

With the massive Puma deal he has just signed they will make sure he gets the entries he needs.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think Peter Uhlein has been smart about it....ET and learning the craft in a possibly less competitive tour and still bobbing around....my sense of it is that had he joined the PGA tour he would have sunk without trace...

Yeah, its good to see some considering the alternative route. The success of Koepka has really opened up that avenue as a possibility for a number of Yanks.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think I read he has 7 pre Ryder Cup invites already. I think he'll be fine.

With the massive Puma deal he has just signed they will make sure he gets the entries he needs.

I think a bit of the confidence gained and good feeling will get him a few finishes to enable him to gain further invites and possibly his card. Not sure what he is like as a personality as have heard differing stories from him either being arrogant or quiet ?

D

Deleted member 15344

Yeah, its good to see some considering the alternative route. The success of Koepka has really opened up that avenue as a possibility for a number of Yanks.

Yeah both of them show there is a differing route. Think it's good to see them playing on the ET - was good to see Reed joining