Snow Watch

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
I almost didn't get home from Liverpool last night, the A69 from Corbridge towards Newcastle was treacherous and I had to make a few "dashes" up some hills to ensure I got to the top :D
Was supposed to be in Mansfield today but the roads in the village are closed, no public transport and it's blizzard like at the minute so I'm watching tv.

Wor lass works in Longbenton, only 9 mile door to door, took her nearly an hour this morning, estate roads are crap and the A1 at 7 this morning was only moving at 25mph, must have snowed heavy after she went out as the drive where her car was now has another inch covering it.

My commute to work was a little easier if a little chilly, as the heating had not come on :D

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
had another couple of inches last night. just back from walking the dogs, total blizzard conditions with some thunder and lightning thrown in for good measure.

Doh

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can't see any golf being played on my course in Stockport any time soon. Will be next week at the earliest before any course in the area is open.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Road was covered in Havering when I left my house at 5

My mate has just asked me to work his late shift for him as his trains are having issues so I’m here until 20:30 tonight

Least travel should be better than at 13:30 this afternoon

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was in the local town yesterday (7 miles from home) which had a slight ten minute flurry which quickly melted. As I got to the outskirts of where I live they had had enough to settle and set which is still here this morning. Tomorrow and Friday are predicted to be our bad days.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Enough in Watford to close the course. That will be it for golf til next weekend, as tomorrow and Friday are meant to be worse.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Still none here in southern Spain... #shortsRus

See I was showing empathy just not getting involved in this thread and you have to start things :cool:

We had an extreme weather warning in place earlier today, the UV index rating reached 13.7 (which I understand is off the scale) Take shelter they said, don't look directly at the sand, skin and eyes may burn in a few minutes if not protected!

Not much panic buying but limes are running low for the Mojito's I'm told

Stay safe on the roads everyone

CliveW

Tour Winner
Visit site
No golf, course under 4" (10 cms) today, so why not put things to good use?

99lohAb.jpg