Snow Watch

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Must have just been a tiny amount of snow where I live (near Watford), there was a very thin layer on rooftops and cars this morning. Not much at all. They still cancelled my train though, just for a laugh I think.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
South Essex appears to be very tarmac coloured....barely dandruff in Brentwood.

I put a bag of spare clothes in the car, shovels, grit, blankets, just in case I get caught out.....didnt go home last night but stayed in a hotel close to work....feeling very short changed by the weather men.

U

User62651

All St Andrews courses closed all day due to snow and frost. Can't imagine its going to get any better by Thursday.

Hotel is booked and paid for.

How is the west coast of Scotland looking?

Suspect you're asking about Ayrshire for links golf but as I'm further up the west coast, no sign of any weather here, another lovely sunny day. Met Office have us down for another sunny day tomorrow. Was 1 deg c when I left house at 0730 so cold and not expected to climb above 3c.

ukg3pxc

Hacker
Visit site
Suspect you're asking about Ayrshire for links golf but as I'm further up the west coast, no sign of any weather here, another lovely sunny day. Met Office have us down for another sunny day tomorrow. Was 1 deg c when I left house at 0730 so cold and not expected to climb above 3c.

Thanks for the reply

I'm looking for anywhere with an open course within a couple of hours of my hotel in St Andrews!

U

User62651

Thanks for the reply

I'm looking for anywhere with an open course within a couple of hours of my hotel in St Andrews!

Prestwick or Troon is 2.25 hrs away by google maps. Roughly same for loch Lomond area. Anything closer/inland will likely be snow affected.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
All gone here by 10am and Nairn didn't have any at all. BBC Scotland weather stated an Amber Weather warning for Tomorrow, so maybe more to come.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Light dusting this afternoon and on temps. I reckon we'll be open tomorrow but with the forecast for Thursday afternoon, evening and Friday morning I can't see us being open over the weekend if the forecasts are to be believed. I hope they've over egged the prediction but I doubt it

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
It had been melting most of the day, but has now frozen hard and we have more snow coming down. Roads including the A1(M) have patchy black ice, supposed to snow most of the night, so tomorrow will be interesting that are driving.

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
It had been melting most of the day, but has now frozen hard and we have more snow coming down. Roads including the A1(M) have patchy black ice, supposed to snow most of the night, so tomorrow will be interesting that are driving.

I almost didn't get home from Liverpool last night, the A69 from Corbridge towards Newcastle was treacherous and I had to make a few "dashes" up some hills to ensure I got to the top :D
Was supposed to be in Mansfield today but the roads in the village are closed, no public transport and it's blizzard like at the minute so I'm watching tv.

D

Deleted member 17920

Dumped it down here

worked phoned me and said don’t come in today, free day off. :D

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Finally had a very light dusting, not even enough to make it slippy...
Forecasts say we're going to get dumped on tomorrow though.

Scoobiesnax

Assistant Pro
Visit site
3-4 inches in Basildon - as I leave early for work, was only 15 mins later than usual, however, roads are treacherous! Took Mrs 1.5hrs to get the wee man to nursery - the journey is usually 10mins!! Basildon is gridlocked with people struggling to get up the steeper hills. Looking forward to the the drive home - NOT.