Snow Watch

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
Had a couple of white outs this morning, thankfully it is the polystyrene type snow and very small flakes, if they get bigger we'll definitely see the snow depth increase a lot.

D

Deleted member 3432

Both cumbrian ski lifts not accessible despite plenty of snow on the hills. Many minor roads closed.
Suspect there is not much golf getting played at present.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I was considering a game today but after an intended walk to the shops I turned round, went back home and got the snood out of the draw. When I got home again all ideas of a game to day went out of my mind. The chilling effect of the wind was absolutely as forecast.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
We've been having snow showers all day but all it's done is melted and dampened the roads and pavements
With a windchill approaching -7, somewhat surprisingly, it's freezing...just went out to the car and had to pull really hard as the moisture had frozen the door..
Gritters will be out in 2 hours time

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
still no sign of any here today, The slight flurry from overnight has now melted and its a nice sunny afternoon. was due to be going to a Mizuno demo day at Fairways, but the guy was driving up from Cumbernauld and didn't fancy it;)

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Woke up with the whole place covered in snow, very dry and powdery. Set off and travelled from Glasgow to Edinburgh. Heavy in some places but perfectly driveable on the main roads. Travelled back via the golf club and took these photos.
280218a.jpg280218b.jpg
Snow is coming down really heavy now. I think I got back just in time.

Khamelion

Tour Winner
Visit site
From 3 till around 4 it tanked it down mix of big flakes and polystyrene, coming down heavy again now.

Took the barin to work at the Metrocentre, never seen the A1 as covered and as quiet as it was a 5, needless to say the bairn came straight home the Metrocentre is shutting at 6.

One small hill into the estate, steep enough that on a dry day in neutral the car could reach 35 at the bottom from a standing start, covered in snow, the numb nuts in front decided to go down quick lost it fish tailed into the kerb, just missed a couple of parked cars, then as he turned right lost it again rear end hitting the kerb.

I took is sensibly, what with the bairn and wor lass in the car, it was first gear, no braking and even then I felt the car slide a little.

Definitely working from home tomorrow and if this keeps up I imagine so will a few others.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We had more overnight than predicted so course closed today. The big snow fall is due tomorrow into Friday and can't see me playing again for a while. More worried about the journey from work tomorrow and back in on Friday than getting my golfing fix at the weekend

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The couple of inches that fell on Tuesday had melted within 3 - 4 hours and the light snow showers today did not stick. I was hopeful that West Lancs would also be pretty similar but it looks like it's closed until at least Monday so work looks to be on the cards on Friday instead of golf.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Forecasts have changed and it looks like we're unlikely to get much more here.
Very light coverage but still enough to close courses
Might get a game next week after all👍

D

Deleted member 15344

Forecasts have changed and it looks like we're unlikely to get much more here.
Very light coverage but still enough to close courses
Might get a game next week after all👍

Not looking at the amount of snow on the hills around Whipsnade this morning as i was driving into work and it was snowing again