Snow Watch

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s snowed here and the medal is cancelled and course closed at the moment might be open for general play later. Just a light dusting

HampshireHog

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Managed 7 holes before snow started to settle. Was playing well given the conditions. Not holding out much hope for tomorrow, so pleased to get some golf in.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Decision already made to not play today due to slight injury. I was working in the garden today amidst a very slight snow flurry. Gave up after 30 minutes because it was so cold. Glad I was not at the course because it is high up and gets the full wind blast.

Our worst period is forecast during the night.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Worked this morning and apparently the course was closed at 9.20 so a large part of the medal competition would have been out there including me had I played in my booked slot at 8.40am. Glad I missed out. No chance of hitting the range with more snow due over night and a -7 wind chill so a lie in and a pub lunch with the wife in a lovely pub with log fires and the sport on in one bar

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Been snowing all day....just light stuff, not enough to settle on pavements or roads.
But for the last couple of hours it's been heavier and the roads are going white......
Could be a decent layer by morning if it keeps going.
Hope it's gone by Wednesday

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Been snowing all day....just light stuff, not enough to settle on pavements or roads.
But for the last couple of hours it's been heavier and the roads are going white......
Could be a decent layer by morning if it keeps going.
Hope it's gone by Wednesday

be gone by monday lunchtime mate, water table be another inch higher again tho :(

bladeplayer

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very cold in the emerald isle due to wind chill
Due white stuff during d night . Golf already cancelled . If its as cold as it was today its a good thing
Getting old

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
6" inches (that's 150mm to you youngsters) overnight and it's still falling heavily.

Looks like the heat in the roads and paths from last week will keep them a bit clearer.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Another quick rant about weather forecast apps....
BBC app shows heavy snow showers all day from 5am until 5pm..not had a single flake so far and no other forecast apps expect any...
And yet the BBC forecast on TV shows no snow in this area at all today......

A very light dusting but it won't melt too soon due to the freezing wind...

4 years ago yesterday, I was being fitted by Callaway for the latest Big Bertha at Wentworth - and we were in shirt sleeves until late afternoon!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Another quick rant about weather forecast apps....
BBC app shows heavy snow showers all day from 5am until 5pm..not had a single flake so far and no other forecast apps expect any...
And yet the BBC forecast on TV shows no snow in this area at all today......

A very light dusting but it won't melt too soon due to the freezing wind...

4 years ago yesterday, I was being fitted by Callaway for the latest Big Bertha at Wentworth - and we were in shirt sleeves until late afternoon!

I think it was March 2012 when we had a meeting at Woburn, it was like a summers day

Griffsters

Hacker
Visit site
Getting fed up now, I need to get three cards in for handicap at new club and every time I get time off work the weather is crap. Course is either closed or still on temps. Nearly April ffs!

About 6" round here, it will take ages to melt and then there will be drainage issues. I don't think I'll be ready with handicap for season start :(