Shinkwin is a disgrace!

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
All the Americans I know love Poults.
They like a winner who shows his emotions.
Met him once and he’s a really nice guy.

I know some Americans who have met him and agree. But if you check out lists of most hated players, which are mostly American, he features quite often. The manager of the Edwin Watts on Sand Lake Rd in Orlando told me Poults called in from time to time and the staff there all love him and think he is really pretty down to earth.

Phil Mick might be the anti-Poulter, fans seem to love him on the course, but off the course he is widely considered to be a [redacted].

Boomy

Visit site
Just tell him .
If he dosnt change he will not be featured on TV coverage.
That will impact on his sponsorships.
But becomes difficult if he’s in contention to win.
I think they should fine them (fines going to charity) BUT make them pay a significant fine so they pay attention to it and if they continue to ignore it introduce bans or suspensions. It shouldn’t really have to be done to get some professionalism as being a professional on the tour is a privilege, etiquette and personal standards should be respected.

Boomy

Visit site
Boomer is right. Anyone can make a rare slip, but to constantly swear when you know you are on live TV shows a lack of class
Standards have gone down. Such accusations weren't levied at the likes of Palmer, Nicklaus, Watson et al.
100% agree!! Personal standards and respect have well and truly gone down.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know some Americans who have met him and agree. But if you check out lists of most hated players, which are mostly American, he features quite often. The manager of the Edwin Watts on Sand Lake Rd in Orlando told me Poults called in from time to time and the staff there all love him and think he is really pretty down to earth.
We met him I’m G Macs bar not far from Lake Nona.
He was asking us where we were playing etc..
Came across really well.
No Invite though ;)
Most Americans don’t give a fig about the RC .
And the ones that do only when they are winning.

Mandofred

Visit site
100% agree!! Personal standards and respect have well and truly gone down.
I agree, but then again....these things change over time. What is ok now...would likely be considered bad 50 years ago.....and 50 years ago the behavior was probably considered bad 50 years before that. Swearing has slowly been considered less crass....it is what it is. Our complaining about it probably just means we are old farts.

Mandofred

Visit site
We met him I’m G Macs bar not far from Lake Nona.
He was asking us where we were playing etc..
Came across really well.
No Invite though ;)
Most Americans don’t give a fig about the RC .
And the ones that do only when they are winning.
Nope, only golfers would even know what it is. Kind of how I consider the Olympics as well. Just something that pops up once in a while, but Americans are focused on football/basketball/baseball.......and then the "other sports". I still have no idea why the US calls football....football. Should have called in padded rugby or death-ball or something. Death-ball might have been cool.

Boomy

Visit site
I agree, but then again....these things change over time. What is ok now...would likely be considered bad 50 years ago.....and 50 years ago the behavior was probably considered bad 50 years before that. Swearing has slowly been considered less crass....it is what it is. Our complaining about it probably just means we are old farts.
100% happy to acknowledge as an old fart if required ? I just think being a professional is far more than being able to hit a golf ball well. Also no to hooded jumpers ? Keeping some level of professionalism and basic standards on course needs maintained and managed.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
That C word is the BEST WORD IN THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

It’s the way you end on a hard T that makes it so emphatic.

Also do try and switch between as many as possible to keep it fresh.
It's the hard 'C' at the start that does it for me....
I can't find the citation, but I believe the way the sound is formed in the back of the throat is particularly therapeutic .
Not sure I'd be wanting to do it on the telly though...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Shinkwin has always been the same. Often plays at my club. Potty mouth doesn't cover it.
I think his brothers are bare knuckle boxers, in a certain community which can't be named on here.

There is a reason why even when doing well, the cameras rarely follow him.

Boomy

Visit site
Shinkwin has always been the same. Often plays at my club. Potty mouth doesn't cover it.
I think his brothers are bare knuckle boxers, in a certain community which can't be named on here.

There is a reason why even when doing well, the cameras rarely follow him.
You can clearly tell the type of person he is! I for one am happy by the fact that the cameras rarely follow him - long may it last!
His utter lack of respect for the viewers in the UK as he sniggered and mocked into the camera about our lockdown versus his in Cyprus ? Bang out of order, on so many levels with what is going on! He takes unprofessional to a new level!

birdyhunter

Visit site
I really like listening to the players & caddies and don't mind the bad language, my kids don't hear it though.

The trouble for me is every time there is a player/caddy conversation and you might hear something interesting and insighful, it's time for Mark Roe to totally voice over it in a dull, monotone manner stating the blindingly obvious... "He really needs to put this one close...." Really Mark? I thought he needed to shank it into the water, he's bound to make a birdie from there.....aargh! :poop:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Haven't really followed a lot of Shankwin and missed a lot of his win last week so can't really comment on the issues other than I can understand players swearing in the heat of the moment (and the relevant tour then fining them after as it breaks their code of conduct) but if its as prevalent as suggested and comments about lockdown in the UK being crass and unnecessary I hope someone from his team get in his ear sharpish as I can see this developing into an issue for him