Shinkwin is a disgrace!

Boomy

Visit site
Has anyone else noticed how disgraceful Callum Shinkwin’s behaviour is/has been whilst playing at Cyprus? His language is disgusting, yes we all mutter the odd potty mouth but he is a professional athlete, live on daytime television with children watching and looking up to him as a pro! Also his arrogant comments to the camera asking if we were enjoying the lockdown in the uk as much as he is over there - again, yes we all enjoy a bit of banter but that was down right arrogant and unprofessional. He is the most unprofessional, professional golfer I’ve seen on the tour and is setting a bad example to all.

Rebuteo

Visit site
Hardly the first sportsman to be caught swearing on live TV, not sure it's that big of a deal really given it's his natural reaction to a shot that could have ended any chance of being in contention given how wild it was

Boomy

Visit site
I didn’t say he was the first... but he is constantly doing it and dropping the ‘C’ word is hardly a standard reaction to a ‘bad’ shot - especially for someone who is supposed to be a professional, playing on live TV and setting an example to others.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I didn’t say he was the first... but he is constantly doing it and dropping the ‘C’ word is hardly a standard reaction to a ‘bad’ shot - especially for someone who is supposed to be a professional, playing on live TV and setting an example to others.

Good job @Captainron isnt a professional athlete then ???

Boomy

Visit site
Yeah just seen that... He’s played some great golf, no denying it but that’s only part of be professional.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site
Some players come across as unlikeable and people you can't really support, whether great players or not. Patrick Reed is one such player. Scott Hoch was definitely one (ask your Dads). Bubba Watson is also on my list, Sergio Garcia and Ian Poulter are on many Americans' list.

Shinkwin is definitely on the waiting list for that group. Hatton was on it too a while back, but appears to have moderated it a bit.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Isn’t that the directors job ?
Whenever he’s playing a shot just turn the mic volume down.
Or put a delay on it.
Golfs a frustrating game and he’s probably done this all his life .
Very difficult to stop, we all swear at work don’t we.( depends where you work obviously)
But someone should have a word if he’s going to be on TV a bit.
The tour could put a swear box up for charity.,

Boomy

Visit site
Some players come across as unlikeable and people you can't really support, whether great players or not. Patrick Reed is one such player. Scott Hoch was definitely one (ask your Dads). Bubba Watson is also on my list, Sergio Garcia and Ian Poulter are on many Americans' list.

Shinkwin is definitely on the waiting list for that group. Hatton was on it too a while back, but appears to have moderated it a bit.
I completely agree, I’d add Boo Weekely onto that list as well. I wonder if Poults and Garcia are on the Americans list due to the Ryder Cup ?
Hatton hasn’t irritated me anywhere near as much as Shinkwin but I understand why he’d be up there (not mentioning hoodiegate)

Boomy

Visit site
Isn’t that the directors job ?
Whenever he’s playing a shot just turn the mic volume down.
Or put a delay on it.
Golfs a frustrating game and he’s probably done this all his life .
Very difficult to stop, we all swear at work don’t we.( depends where you work obviously)
But someone should have a word if he’s going to be on TV a bit.
The tour could put a swear box up for charity.,
I think a slight time delay would be a good idea to manage any language and help protect their professional status - however I also think it should be down to an individual to manage their outbursts. Once, yes it happens but continuously doing it is just ignorance.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I completely agree, I’d add Boo Weekely onto that list as well. I wonder if Poults and Garcia are on the Americans list due to the Ryder Cup ?
Hatton hasn’t irritated me anywhere near as much as Shinkwin but I understand why he’d be up there (not mentioning hoodiegate)
Garcia is in the bad books for delibaretly damaging the greens, worst sin of all imo.
And just being a spoilt brat most of his life.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think a slight time delay would be a good idea to manage any language and help protect their professional status - however I also think it should be down to an individual to manage their outbursts. Once, yes it happens but continuously doing it is just ignorance.
Just tell him .
If he dosnt change he will not be featured on TV coverage.
That will impact on his sponsorships.
But becomes difficult if he’s in contention to win.

Ethan

Money List Winner
Visit site

Hatton was worse a couple of seasons ago. He has calmed it down a bit. I think Poults is on the American list because Tiger doesn't like him, and he has too many Ferraris.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hatton was worse a couple of seasons ago. He has calmed it down a bit. I think Poults is on the American list because Tiger doesn't like him, and he has too many Ferraris.
All the Americans I know love Poults.
They like a winner who shows his emotions.
Met him once and he’s a really nice guy.