Scorecard responsibility

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It was pretty much there during Covid - clubs allowed scores to be submitted just on the app

Some asked for a photo etc

Imo clubs will be given the ability to remove cards soon

And certainly will help the drive towards a more greener sport which is a key driver for many clubs
We don’t return card at all.
We are given a card in pro shop,fill it in gross scores.
Then we upload scores on IG and upload a photo of signed card, that’s it we don’t put cards in at all.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
It was pretty much there during Covid - clubs allowed scores to be submitted just on the app

Some asked for a photo etc

Imo clubs will be given the ability to remove cards soon

And certainly will help the drive towards a more greener sport which is a key driver for many clubs
Clubs already have ability to remove cards for competitions and the technology is available. The challenge is the practicality of that technology, many of us have no wish to have to fiddle with our phones between each green and tee. I would also contend that it will slow the game up.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Clubs already have ability to remove cards for competitions and the technology is available. The challenge is the practicality of that technology, many of us have no wish to have to fiddle with our phones between each green and tee. I would also contend that it will slow the game up.
Agree I think there is to much faith in technology.

It has its place but in some ways makes things worse.

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Not sure exactly what you mean by a signature. The EG app sends a message asking the attester to confirm the score, providing that it then done it is sufficient to satisfy the RoG.
What I mean is a signature in the same way that the player signs, not a confirmation by clicking on a name or approve button. And it’s the attesters physical signature that is not available on the EG App, which is what I thought this bit of the discussion was about.

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
What I mean is a signature in the same way that the player signs, not a confirmation by clicking on a name or approve button. And it’s the attesters physical signature that is not available on the EG App, which is what I thought this bit of the discussion was about.
Why are we discussing aphysical signature when the RoG don't require one.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

I suspect maybe the first stage will be to remove the requirement to enter a physical card so players can use a card to put their scores down when they play but only need to input the scores onto the PSI or smart phone when they finish

Banchory Buddha

Visit site
Thanks that is what I thought but if I simply put a card in the box with no name at all, that is acceptable?
Not having scorecards written out for competitors is fairly normal, but what is a Committee to do with cards with no names?
If the card is not identifiable then yes they can be DQ'd, but that's not the same as having no name

Card from a 1 handicap and you only have one in the comp would be identifiable. Player is taking the risk his card will be binned

doublebogey7

Head Pro
Visit site
I am referring to committee procedures and reasons for a DQ. Not putting your score on a computer but returning the card cannot be a DQ.
That of course is true, but aren't we talking about a fully electrinic scorecard here. Don't see the poster you replied to referring to simply copying the numbers from a scorecard onto the computer system.

Golfloveruk

Visit site
Sorry, typo on my part, you can put the scores in but the EG App does not allow for an attesters signature.
Why should we need a signature?

Attester logs in to their account and approves score.
There is absolutely no need for a player to sign either.

Why have the unnecessary step of adding a squiggle? My signature is completely different every time I sign. It’s never caused a problem.

DickInShorts

Visit site
Cards are no longer accepted for individual player competitions at my club.
You can keep a card if you wish and there are two options for entering scores:
Sign in on the computer in the pro shop - keep a card - enter scores on computer in the clubhouse (this is the same method we’ve used since PSI was introduced years ago (the only difference being card is not required to be deposited in box.
Alternatively use the phone app to sign in ,record scores,and both player and Attester sign box on phone screen afterwards

Swango1980

Visit site
Cards are no longer accepted for individual player competitions at my club.
You can keep a card if you wish and there are two options for entering scores:
Sign in on the computer in the pro shop - keep a card - enter scores on computer in the clubhouse (this is the same method we’ve used since PSI was introduced years ago (the only difference being card is not required to be deposited in box.
Alternatively use the phone app to sign in ,record scores,and both player and Attester sign box on phone screen afterwards
Is it easy to amend scores (i.e. cross check) if players input the wrong score? I've lost count the amount of times players with fat fingers input the wrong score, just rush through to end and confirm. On our PSI, there is nowhere for the marker to verify their score, not sure if it is different on yours? But even if there was, I can imagine some might just say (well, you are only one shot out from what I thought, computer is probably right and I added up wrong).

As such, the competition organisers can simply check the scores on the physical card against those input on the machine (at least for prize winners), and amend if necessary. If there are no physical scorecards to do that crosscheck, is there an alternative method? Does everyone have to enter their own score and the score of the person they marked, therefore cross checking is possible?