Ryder Cup 2018 - Paris

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

User 99

Assistant Pro
Banned
Visit site
Don’t disagree.

I'm referring to his insider knowledge or on things that wouldn't cross you mind, the mentioning of how far back the ropes were, that is someone that has had a lot of thought put in to it, but it never at any time crossed my mind til he said it.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wow, David Livingstone quits Sky Sports Golf!
He was good, damned good ............................ I hope Nick Dougherty takes his seat.

Right move tbh - in fact prob should have let Dougherty over last year. Dougherty is very good - just need to get rid of people like Roe now

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Fantastic event and, in the main, well done Sky for great production. Let’s not forget, it’s an unscripted event with action happening at different parts of the course simultaneously. Picking up the action and giving intelligent commentary isn’t easy almost instantly takes some doing.

As for the usual moaners, get a life. Do you ever say anything good about anything...?

D

Deleted member 15344

McGinley is brilliant in his analysis on explaining things.
Apart from when he got loads of the stats wrong including the results at his RC - he is starting to become what Monty was before he left Sky

Time to get more out of Laura Davies , Claude Harmon , David Howell.

Thought Donaldson and Wilson were very good for BBC 5live

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fantastic event and, in the main, well done Sky for great production. Let’s not forget, it’s an unscripted event with action happening at different parts of the course simultaneously. Picking up the action and giving intelligent commentary isn’t easy almost instantly takes some doing.

As for the usual moaners, get a life. Do you ever say anything good about anything...?
No they don’t,same people every time.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site

All the time. It’s poorly done IMO, not a patch on 5 live and they don’t fully utilise the resource they have. Promoting Nick Dougherty to the anchor role would be a massive step in the right direction. All this doesn’t mean I have no life. You carry on buying a sub standard product if you wish.

I’d get Andrew cotter in also

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Gotta agree with those not too keen on Mcginley. For me, the fact he’s won it as a coach meant he would ramble on and just expect people to take it as gospel.

I like a lot of what he says usually, Unless they’re discussing Rory.... albeit his impartiality has improved.

Loved the final day, and as always it had its twists and turns. I think some of the performances could have been better, great performances by some of the rookies. Was gutted Fleetwood lost, think Molinari could have been oaired with anyone and still got 5 points tbh this week.

Chuffed for Casey too. He played some great golf, I’d imag8ne his scores to par were right up their compared to most. His passion also showed how important the Ryder cup really was to him too.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site

A forum, on the internet, with people offering opinions and views!

Guess what!

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
No they don’t,same people every time.
Not true. 1st time I’ve given sky my feedback. I don’t usually watch it. I’ve just now TV’d this event. I usually have too much of a life to sit for 3/4 days. I just think for the resource they have & the monopoly they have, it’s poor. Mainly the studio & rob Lee/mark roe.

User20205

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yeah your right mate-unpopular, he just beat the world number 1 and had another superb RC, can do as much chest thumping as he wants in my book.
Not critique of his ability, I do wonder why he can’t produce in a stroke play event. It’s just that self styled postman nonsense really grates. He played well, above his ability IMO. He just looks like a bit of a knob....just an opinion ;)

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not true. 1st time I’ve given sky my feedback. I don’t usually watch it. I’ve just now TV’d this event. I usually have too much of a life to sit for 3/4 days. I just think for the resource they have & the monopoly they have, it’s poor. Mainly the studio & rob Lee/mark roe.
I don’t watch the studio stuff to be honest 8 hours of live golf is enough.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
For what it's worth, where I couldn't get Sky coverage, I turned to BBC 5 Live. Always professional, always entertaining. I am a big fan and enjoy the football coverage there too if I'm in the car on Saturday afternoon.
Had a busy 2 1/2 days so only really had this afternoon to watch so I didn't bother with a Nowtv pass. Listened to 5Live and it was just as good as seeing it..

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Brilliant afternoon of golf and pleased to say Europe proved my wrong in emphatic fashion. I enjoyed the coverage, and it's always the same people who complain about Sky's coverage. I would suggest the camera angles were largely dictated by the design of the course, the volume of people and under the instruction of the organisers. That said, how poor over the duration were the US team and how much did they pay a price for not having played the course before? Will they end up chucking Furyk under the bus?

Surprised about Livingstone but of all those involved in Sky's golf, he's not really engaged me despite being there for what seems forever. I'd like to see Dougherty to get the role as he's always seemed comfortable hosting and especially when they have their Open breakfast shows. He's done it, got the respect of his peers and comes across well

D

Deleted member 18588

Can't believe the compliments for 5Live.

Had to resort to radio coverage for a while and they succeeded in making a thrilling encounter sound as exciting as a Church Bazaar.

Not helped by the most annoying know it all in broadcasting, Mark Chapman!

jusme

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yeah your right mate-unpopular, he just beat the world number 1 and had another superb RC, can do as much chest thumping as he wants in my book.

A driving range pro as I heard him described this week, beating the NO 1 golfer. That's heart, determination and guts. he had no right to beat him based on golf ability, but beat him he did. You have to ask how