Ryder Cup 2023

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

GM put out an article about Ryder Cup for next year and looking at the potential team

They have gone for the players below

Think the first 6 will be a guarantee

Rose will prob be in
  • Rory McIlroy
  • Jon Rahm
  • Viktor Hovland
  • Matt Fitzpatrick
  • Shane Lowry
  • Tyrrell Hatton
  • Justin Rose
  • Guido Migliozzi
  • Tommy Fleetwood
  • Rasmus Hojgaard
  • Nicolai Hojgaard

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
LIV could work in our favour, since they're losing DJ, Reed & Bryson, and potentially more if more of them move over in the next year. We've only lost the likes of Garcia, Westwood, Poulter, who really are past their best and we shouldn't be relying on them by now anyway.

Then again, if more and more people go over I wonder if they'll have to reverse the ban, or the Ryder Cup could be a bit of a wash-out with only half the big names there.

They have gone for the players below

Think the first 6 will be a guarantee

Rose will prob be in
  • Rory McIlroy
  • Jon Rahm
  • Viktor Hovland
  • Matt Fitzpatrick
  • Shane Lowry
  • Tyrrell Hatton
  • Justin Rose
  • Guido Migliozzi
  • Tommy Fleetwood
  • Rasmus Hojgaard
  • Nicolai Hojgaard
I'd have thought MacIntyre surely has a decent chance of making it, no? Or is he off form at the minute? Also Wiesberger and Perez?

Edit: Wiesberger may have joined LIV as well actually, I wasn't sure..

Depreston

Club Champion
Visit site
LIV could work in our favour, since they're losing DJ, Reed & Bryson, and potentially more if more of them move over in the next year. We've only lost the likes of Garcia, Westwood, Poulter, who really are past their best and we shouldn't be relying on them by now anyway.

Then again, if more and more people go over I wonder if they'll have to reverse the ban, or the Ryder Cup could be a bit of a wash-out with only half the big names there.

I'd have thought MacIntyre surely has a decent chance of making it, no? Or is he off form at the minute? Also Wiesberger and Perez?

Edit: Wiesberger may have joined LIV as well actually, I wasn't sure..

The USA second string could have beat us last year

The talent pool for them is phenomenal

I can’t see us winning in the US for years now we might sneak a few wins on European soil

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
We've got 10 players in top 40 and I expect the Hojgaards to be in the top 50 by Rome. I don't think there is much between players, just whose on form that weekend.

We got hammered last time but I don't think you can overstate the impact of no away fans. The Euros just had no momentum or something to cling to when the cheers go up for your side, just constant US support.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Another one down - Brooks Koepka has defected. Joining his best mate Bryson.