Hero Cup

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Decent event with a reasonable field. I hope over the next editions they can draw in the top European players.

I don’t know if it’s been by design but this is supposed to be a rehearsal for the Ryder cup and I think the likes of McIlroy, Fitzpatrick, Rahm and Hovland have a lot to offer by being part of this. Having them involved has to offer more than a wider field of fringe players.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Would be a better event with the big guns but I think it's more to see how the fringe players perform and give them some team golf experience.
No better experience than being with the better players in the world. They’re only 6 picks in the Ryder Cup so it could be argued that this event would still have approx 70% of fringe players in it.

I suppose when the natural fringe picks are the likes of Hatton, McIntyre and Wallace, they’ve showed where the rest are by comparison.

Mel Smooth

Hacker
Visit site
When Seve created this event, wasn't it his intention to allow the younger players the opportunity to gain experience from playing with more experienced pro's?

D

Deleted member 15344

Decent event with a reasonable field. I hope over the next editions they can draw in the top European players.

I don’t know if it’s been by design but this is supposed to be a rehearsal for the Ryder cup and I think the likes of McIlroy, Fitzpatrick, Rahm and Hovland have a lot to offer by being part of this. Having them involved has to offer more than a wider field of fringe players.

It’s the perfect event to allow the European skipper see how younger inexperienced players react in a team matchplay environment

Donald already knows what he will get from the likes of Rory , Hovland Rahm and Co

Seve and Monty started the event to use it for that exact purposes

Jason.H

Visit site
It also highlights some who played poorly. Shane Lowry didn’t play well at all yet you’d of thought he’d be in the Ryder Cup team.

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Why was Wallace anywhere near that team? Bizarre choice when so many others are ahead of him in the rankings.