Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Good game - heck of a fightback from Scotland

That prob leaves the Grand Slam to Ireland now and everyone else battling for second spot or to avoid Wooden spoon

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Wow what a game that was well played both teams
[Well apart from the two guys who were sent off.]

I was gutted when Gilchrist got his red card (although completely deservedly). Thought it was going to ruin what was going to be a good game. Was pleased when it balanced out a few mins later and thought it ended up being a cracking game!

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Great effort from Scotland, really thought they were going to get the win with 10 minutes to go, French were out on their feet.

Ireland game looks a championship decider.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
Problems in Welsh rugby arent going away anytime soon :( Not just them either

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-news/twelve-welsh-rugby-players-earning-26323668

I think they only solution is to let their stars play overseas without a cap limit. Free up the wage bill and allow them to blood up and coming players in the regions.

I was listening to the GBR podcast and Foxy was saying that the rest and extra welfare that being centrally contract offered meant that a lot of these players may well end up staying in Wales anyway. He said he took a big pay cut to leave Clermont but it was the best thing for his rugby and himself and family.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Fitness permitting Ford will be in the 10 shirt before the end of the tournament

And surprise, surprise, Smith sent back to his club this weekend and Ford is retained. I know that Smith needs game time but I also suspect that you need your squad fly halves in training as much as possible. Having seen Borthwick coach at Tigers, he likes to be organised and well drilled and you cannot do that with Smith and his heads up style of play. Equally, Farrell is solid in defence but in my mind is behind Ford for tactical awareness, tactical kicking, creating attacking opportunities and, at the moment, place kicking. That said, Ford can play to a game plan or switch things up as needed. As such, he is just far more suited to what Borthwick wants and already has a playing relationship with JVP (and with Dan Kelly who, I suspect, was lined up as playing 12 before injury). I would not be surprised to see Ford start against France.