Maybe GM should take a more active role in promoting the ladies game.

Hacker Khan

Yurt Dwelling, Yoghurt Knitter
Visit site
This has all started to focus very much on the magazine. My proposition is about a little more promotion/focus on website. Things like separating tour news so that each tour has it's own section. This would evn help being more attention to feeder tours because the new from them also get buried.

This web site seems to do it quite well I think http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-digest-woman

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Pretty sure MikeH came on here not so long ago and explained the rationale behind their decision about not focusing on the ladies game. However, I do think that perhaps around US and British open time there could be a bit more of a feature, maybe an interview or some instruction.

That said there was the Q&A with Mel Reid a few issues back so it isn't a female free zone. I wonder if they could do a Solheim piece which would at least keep the success out in the public consciousness.

TheClaw

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
I believe you are wrong.
Surely it is GM's duty to promote the game of golf, without any discrimination.
If it's business model is to blindly follow the advertisers wishes, then surely the magazine's title should be changed to Golf Gear Monthly. Or Men's Golf Monthly.

Or maybe they could keep the name the same and give the people what they want?

Should American Golf stock more ladies gear? Should there be more ladies football on TV? It's a business not a push for equality.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I believe you are wrong.
Surely it is GM's duty to promote the game of golf, without any discrimination.
If it's business model is to blindly follow the advertisers wishes, then surely the magazine's title should be changed to Golf Gear Monthly. Or Men's Golf Monthly.

Absolute tosh!

It will report on what has happened and has been achieved in the golfing world and will report on that proportionately to its known readership. It (GM) has no affiliation or duty to anything other than its own business model.