LPGA Womens Pro Golf

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 21445

I was wondering how many people watch Womens Pro Golf on the TV ?

I think the standard of women's professional golf has improved dramatically, they are incredibly skilled players and I have a theory that Amateur male golfers can learn more about course management from watching the women as the distances they hit the ball is more relatable to the amateur male golfer than watching the Dustins, Rorys and Brysons.

Also as a second subject I would love to see a mixed Ryder Cup event but with a Solhiem Cup in the non Ryder Cup year the schedule probably cant support it.

Sports_Fanatic

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I think it's very good to watch and they should have a big 5 years ahead with more sponsorship i expect. Still a little bit of developing more strength in depth as the key players move into later 20s/early 30s and then juniors coming through; think that will sharpen short game but already very talented. Nice to see a change of courses as well on the LPGA that players seem pleased about.

I'd personally change the Presidents Cup to mixed event as that needs a refresh anyway although the last one was closer.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk
I watch it... wife plays golf too , so plenty of golf on the tv in this house.

Your second point is very interesting. Would be great to have something different on. They missed a massive trick with the Olympics. Could have been absolutely any mixed format you like. BUT no, they went 72 hole stoke play like every other week of the year.

Big opportunity for excellent publicity wasted.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
One thing I do notice is how straight they are or how wide the fairways are.
They never seem to be in any trouble.
This might be their skill or are the courses set to easy.
Could be the TV coverage don’t show the ones struggling.
I like to see the pros in trouble to see how they deal with it
But from 150yds and in they are very impressive

I went to the LPGA tour school once at the LPGA headquarters in Florida and up close they are very impressive.
But I find most golf on TV now a bit boring bomb and wedge isn’t great to watch.

D

Deleted member 15344

Try on the odd occasion to watch it but it’s mainly dull as dishwater , just really poor to watch and even slower than the mens game. People say that it’s closer to the men’s amateur game - well I wouldn’t want to watch that as well.

Do enjoy the Solheim Cup sometimes but sometimes it’s very cringey

Mandofred

Visit site
It's golf....on tv. I can watch for a few minutes....but

Nothing against it......I can't watch sports for very long on tv.....just don't get it. I can't control the outcome.....so I have no interest. Just watching other people having fun in a sport.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
It doesn't really work for me. Not sure why. I don't think the glacial pace of play helps, combined with very substandard coverage (not the fault of the players, it's the deal they get dealt for not being as popular I guess). I don't know enough of the players, and don't really have any buy in.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I find watching the LET events a bit disappointing as they are generally a one hour highlight programme and half of that hour is spent showing something other than golf.

D

Deleted member 3432

Don't watch any pro golf on TV, even free to view.

Crumplezone

Visit site
Me and my wife go to the final day of the British Women's open every year. Obviously not this year though. It's always entertaining. Don't get to see much on TV as we don't have SKY, but I prefer watching the women play. As many people say, their game is more relevant to amateurs. I don't think the pace of play is any slower than the men.