Rugby Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I really do not see how Owen Farrell keeps a place in the England side. His place kicking is poor, had a kick charged down early in the game that could have been a Wales try. Cannot remember him last scoring a try. Marcus Smith a better kicker and so much more creative and exciting but I guess Borthwick looking at defence more important than attack.

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I really do not see how Owen Farrell keeps a place in the England side. His place kicking is poor, had a kick charged down early in the game that could have been a Wales try. Cannot remember him last scoring a try. Marcus Smith a better kicker and so much more creative and exciting but I guess Borthwick looking at defence more important than attack.
Another miss by Farrell, England so dominant should be out of sight. Make changes Borthwick FFS

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have a fair few rugby fans so I'm desperately trying to get into it.
I'm watching the Wales vs England game ............................. is this what international rugby is all about?
A kicks it to B, B kicks it back, rinse and repeat!
Are they not allowed to throw the ball around and run with it?
So far, very boring ........................ or don't I get it?

Reactions: Val

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I'm watching the Wales vs England game ............................. is this what international rugby is all about?
You don't get it mate!

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve not seen the game today but Farrell is normally class and his kicking superb.
Maybe just having an off day, we all have them 😀

paddyc

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You don't get it mate![/QUOTE
Tbf it wasnt a great game and that episode of kicking to one another happens in most games and can be boring . Neither side wants to take a chance from their 22 and just waiting for one team to make an error.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Wales are absolutely dire. Zero attacking threat and they don’t do the grunt work well at all. I think Italy would have turned them over today.

England needed a game where they could rely on set piece play. They played a very steady game and still look bang average.

I don’t think that Marcus Smith will win the poms a World Cup as a starter. That takes steadiness and game plan execution. You can sprinkle in the odd bit if brilliance but he’s so far away from the rest of the team in method that he is left out because it’s easier to change him than the 4 or 5 you would need to change to suit his style.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Watch tomorrow's game

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Italy v Ireland was a cracker, Wales v England was hellish, here's hoping tomorrow's game is a cracker and our boys come out with a huge win leading to a Grand Slam decider in a fortnight
Wales England was dire indeed…and having loads of Welsh mates from my time in Bristle, I’m agog at what’s happened to them and rather despairing for them.

Maybe the Welsh support needs expunging of all those wearing all those ludicrous fancy dress outfits and headgear thinking attending an international rugby match is an excuse for a joke. Supporters of the other nations have their share of such fools but the Wales support seem particularly blighted by them. Just support your team and stop trying to make a display of yourself on TV.

Looking forward to tomorrow’s game with a combination of excitement and trepidation, with my trepidation not borne out of fear of the French, but rather fear of Scotland pressing thr self-destruct button as we have been prone to doing. But hopefully not this time…🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

HeftyHacker

Visit site
I'm in the camp that doesn't really rate Farrell as highly as others seem to do. It's been a big bugbear of mine that whenever they've selected another flyhalf they've always hamstrung them by putting Farrell outside them at 12 as he's too big a personality (or ego) to let the actual fly half call the shots.

That being said, Smith has clearly struggled to bring his club form to the international stage at time. He made 14 carries against Italy! No international fly half should be doing that which indicates to me that he's either struggling with the reduced time and space, or he's not quite gelled with those around him to allow him to instinctively know where those little passes and lines are being run.

I kind of understand the Arundel sub so late in the game. Borthers clearly felt it was too tight a game to bring him on earlier and only did so when the win was secured and they needed a spark of magic to try and get the 4 try bonus point.

At the moment though there I just can't see this team getting deep into the world Cup.

Todays match should be an absolute cracker!