Not another sex discrimination thread

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Surely the ladies don't get there that early do they? By the time they've washed the breakfast dishes up, hoovered, polished and done a bit of ironing or cleaned their hubbies shoes it must be near lunchtime???

The Green Fairy

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A case against a club having men only competitions on a Saturday was won here. Consequently the club had to make the course available to men and women at weekends.
Nearly all competitions have become 'opens' and men and women play in the same comps.
According to a Human Rights publication, for women and girls in golf, the gals can have a day for their own competition and it is recommended that blocked tee times for women only are used, as a positive discrimination because of their historical restrictions and fewer numbers.
This has been adopted, here in Australia, for some time and supported by Golf Australia and the R&A.

Ser Shankalot

Visit site
My parents in Australia live opposite what was then only female run golf club in the southern hemisphere. It was established in the 1960s after some keen lady golfers were turned off by the restricted access on the courses and clubhouses at the older traditional clubs in the city. Anyone can play and become a member but only ladies could have full voting rights membership. Last year, the constitution was amended to let males have voting rights for the first time as well.
Pic from my parent's balcony.

Attachments

• DSC_0848-2.jpg
    DSC_0848-2.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 13