Reduced Membership Deals

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
That seems reasonable apart from juniors - very steep.
£70 at my club for the whole year. I peak visitor round is >£150.
I guess the thinking might be that "dad will pay" :)

We have only just introduced these categories in the last few months. We dont have many of them....9 from age 12-17, 8 between 18 and 24.

A couple of them play in comps but the majority are submitting GP cards.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I guess the thinking might be that "dad will pay" :)

We have only just introduced these categories in the last few months. We dont have many of them....9 from age 12-17, 8 between 18 and 24.

A couple of them play in comps but the majority are submitting GP cards.

I'd gladly pay £75 a month for the 3 of my girls to play golf if they got into it tbh.. Sunday afternoon activities.. give mummy some peace

Golfloveruk

Visit site
Up to 16yo pay £65 a year + affiliation fees if they want a handicap.

There are no restrictions on when they can play. Seem daft to ban them from playing before 12. What if a dad wanted to play with his kid on a Saturday morning?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Up to 16yo pay £65 a year + affiliation fees if they want a handicap.

There are no restrictions on when they can play. Seem daft to ban them from playing before 12. What if a dad wanted to play with his kid on a Saturday morning?

That's peak time though, afternoons are dead at our place at weekends.

Weekdays anytime so school holidays can live on the course

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
If you discount anything, you have to sell more of that product to make the same money.
If one of the members on a discount rate could pay full rate and did pay full rate, then you would (may not) have no need for the discounted rates.
Just a thought.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you discount anything, you have to sell more of that product to make the same money.
If one of the members on a discount rate could pay full rate and did pay full rate, then you would (may not) have no need for the discounted rates.
Just a thought.

Yet posters on this very thread have said without the discount they wouldn't have joined, stayed and then paid full eventually.

Just a thought

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Yet posters on this very thread have said without the discount they wouldn't have joined, stayed and then paid full eventually.

Just a thought
True, in that scenario it works. But, I wonder how many move on when the full price hits?

At a club I used to be a member of we were struggling. They offered cheap memberships to get people through the door to keep the wolves from the door. Quite a few people joined but didn't stay when the price went up.
Worse was that it hacked off a lot of members who were paying more, some of whom refused to rejoin and moved on.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Just a thought.
You have or do work in shops. Ask someone to explain a “loss leader”

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
True, in that scenario it works. But, I wonder how many move on when the full price hits?

At a club I used to be a member of we were struggling. They offered cheap memberships to get people through the door to keep the wolves from the door. Quite a few people joined but didn't stay when the price went up.
Worse was that it hacked off a lot of members who were paying more, some of whom refused to rejoin and moved on.
Move on where? Once no longer eligible for the reduced rates it's full rate or nothing, no matter where they go.

Even if they don't stay when they hit full membership age, that means they wouldn't have paid the full price anyway, so the club gained some paying members for two-three years vs. nothing. Not sure how that's a bad thing.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Move on where? Once no longer eligible for the reduced rates it's full rate or nothing, no matter where they go.

Even if they don't stay when they hit full membership age, that means they wouldn't have paid the full price anyway, so the club gained some paying members for two-three years vs. nothing. Not sure how that's a bad thing.
This was not an age initiative, just an attempt to get cash in quick.
Short term gain but long term loss.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Depends how it's done. If it's staggered well and people get into the club life they will stay

When I joined my course it was 13 holes open £62 a month for golf and gym .. you played 18 holes by finishing 13 and back to play 5 6 7 8 9 to make 18

Then when it was fully open jumped to 83

Following year 100

Finally jumped to 120 (this is 5 days)

It's stayed at that for 2 years. We don't see many leave as the quality of the course for the area keeps people

Some left for another course but mainly due to 2 of a group of 5 who played wanted to leave due to cost so they went to another course and the others just went with to keep the group together

They have been replaced by new members