NW Links membership

• Thread starter Deleted member 3432
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3432

Last chance for anyone who is looking to join a links in the north west.

One of the UK's finest tracks although very out of the way. A limited number of memberships available before membership numbers are capped.

With the cost of golf throughout the country, this pays for itself after a handfull of rounds.......

Silloth on Solway Golf Club
4 hrs ·

If you have ever thought about joining Silloth on Solway Golf Club then now is the time to do so. We will be capping the number of full members in early 2021 so be quick and get your application in now as once the limit is reached we will be introducing a waiting list for full membership. The course was recently rated 89th in the Top 100 Golf Courses in the World you can play by Today's Golfer Magazine and the annual subscriptions to be a full member are £550! There is a joining fee of £300 for the first year and we will throw in some added extras as a result of paying this. If you join as well as being able to play our world class golf course you will also receive £100 credit on your members card to spend on food and drinks, you will able to bring 6 members guests free and you will get one free lesson with our Club Professional Simon Williamson.
There is limited availability so join now. To join click the link for the online application form https://www.sillothgolfclub.co.uk/application_form

D

Deleted member 15344

Last chance for anyone who is looking to join a links in the north west.

One of the UK's finest tracks although very out of the way. A limited number of memberships available before membership numbers are capped.

With the cost of golf throughout the country, this pays for itself after a handfull of rounds.......

Silloth on Solway Golf Club
4 hrs ·

If you have ever thought about joining Silloth on Solway Golf Club then now is the time to do so. We will be capping the number of full members in early 2021 so be quick and get your application in now as once the limit is reached we will be introducing a waiting list for full membership. The course was recently rated 89th in the Top 100 Golf Courses in the World you can play by Today's Golfer Magazine and the annual subscriptions to be a full member are £550! There is a joining fee of £300 for the first year and we will throw in some added extras as a result of paying this. If you join as well as being able to play our world class golf course you will also receive £100 credit on your members card to spend on food and drinks, you will able to bring 6 members guests free and you will get one free lesson with our Club Professional Simon Williamson.
There is limited availability so join now. To join click the link for the online application form https://www.sillothgolfclub.co.uk/application_form

i think you should be banned for posting that ?

Just an outstanding deal to be a member of a brilliant course - very jealous, enjoy

evemccc

Visit site
Tempting but the 600 mile round trip might be tricky to get past the Management

Agree 100%

I played it the week after playing with you and Fragger in September. Amazing course and friendly place...would join in a second if it were closer

D

Deleted member 21258

Is it ever still, warm and sunny there:D, its such a good deal.:unsure:

D

Deleted member 3432

When we went there on the forum trip Donna and I amazed how low property prices were, even compared with SE Wales.....

That wee house might not be such a bad idea....:eek:

Quite a few static caravans for sale on local sites for cheaper options and they are not bad with sites such as Stanwix having good leisure facilities.

D

Deleted member 21258

No, but warm and sunny is overated for playing golf in.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Toyed with joining silloth on a number of occasions, as the drive there isnt to bad from here and like a drive in the countryside.

But always thought the course maybe really busy, due to cost, surprised membership isnt already full ? whats the tee times like there, is it normally bombed ?

Purely on my current location and climate.......... Saunton, Country Membership is £572 as second club.

But, both are wonderful

Theres a waiting list at Saunton currently, have you applied Ian?

wish I lived closer to saunton, love the course there but dont get full use out of my membership there:(

HarrogateHacker

Visit site
Sounds like a great track, I was tempted a few weeks back when I was looking around. I instead renewed my country membership at Woodhall Spa which is slightly closer. Silloth still on my list so hopefully will get the chance to play it this year.

IanM

Journeyman Pro
www.newportgolfclub.org.uk

wish I lived closer to saunton, love the course there but dont get full use out of my membership there:(

spoke to Sec a few months back, wasn’t a waiting list for second club country membership at that point... it’s about two hours away.

I’m only an hour from Burnham. I might just have to bite the bullet and join there!

Been on waiting list for country membership at St Enodoc for a year or two....

D

Deleted member 3432

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Toyed with joining silloth on a number of occasions, as the drive there isnt to bad from here and like a drive in the countryside.

But always thought the course maybe really busy, due to cost, surprised membership isnt already full ? whats the tee times like there, is it normally bombed ?

Tee times are not too bad at Silloth if you are not fixated on playing at a certain time on a certain day, some days busier than others.

Membership numbers are fairly low as its not close to anywhere really and its on back roads for locals. Small local population meaning not many golfers...

Club is balancing member numbers with increasing visitor numbers in recent years, weekend is a great time to play as it is usually quieter on the non comp day at the weekend.

The only issue can be slow rounds, a 4 ball of visitors getting beaten up in the wind can slow things down when the heather is swallowing balls.

Great place to play and if you are having a bad day there is always the views across to Scotland or the fells to look at.

D

Deleted member 3432

Always fancied playing Silloth but keep missing the turn-off as the windscreen wipers are on full blast ☔

Rule of thumb in Cumbria, if its raining where you are then 30 miles away its usually OK.

Turn off next time and come and enjoy the 30mph wind that everyone seems to experience when they play Silloth :ROFLMAO:

We do actually get the odd day when its reasonably calm and you get a chance to make a few birdies.