Random Irritations

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
I always reverse park. The whole process of parking is much easier and safer, notably getting out of the parking space when visibility is much better.

On a personal level my shopping goes on the floor in front of the rear seats where it is much more secured from flying around the place.

If I need to use the boot I just leave more room at the rear.
But won't that mean your car sticks out of the parking bay?

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
DHL again!! Wine society order due today, 12 bottles of white. 10 broken, they guy reckons it was done in transit before he got it.. really they sent out a case of broken glass and dpilt wine?? Even more annoying was it was stuff that's been out of stock for a couple of months and has sold out again so can't be replaced at the moment

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
From the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency

Reverse parking
When you're reversing, the wheels doing the steering are at the back of the car instead of the front. This has advantages for manoeuvrability and can help you to park in a parking space. You must make sure you keep looking all around while you're reversing.

If your car is fitted with rear view cameras and parking sensors they will help guide you as you reverse. However, these technologies are designed to assist you; they should not be used as a substitute for practising good observation.

It’s often a good idea to reverse into a space in a car park: this will give you a better view when you drive away, especially if you have passengers in the back of the car.

Sometimes it’s possible to ‘pull through’ one car parking space into a space on the next row so you’re facing forwards ready for when you drive away. If you do this, make sure another driver is not planning to turn into that space.

DVSA - Reversing into a space

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
From the Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency

Reverse parking
When you're reversing, the wheels doing the steering are at the back of the car instead of the front. This has advantages for manoeuvrability and can help you to park in a parking space. You must make sure you keep looking all around while you're reversing.

If your car is fitted with rear view cameras and parking sensors they will help guide you as you reverse. However, these technologies are designed to assist you; they should not be used as a substitute for practising good observation.

It’s often a good idea to reverse into a space in a car park: this will give you a better view when you drive away, especially if you have passengers in the back of the car.

Sometimes it’s possible to ‘pull through’ one car parking space into a space on the next row so you’re facing forwards ready for when you drive away. If you do this, make sure another driver is not planning to turn into that space.

DVSA - Reversing into a space
When Ive been in Florida on hols, you can always tell the Brits because it's their car that have reversed into a bay whereas the Americans always drive forward into a bay (shopping malls or eateries, not theme parks as everyone drives forward into a bay as youre told to)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But won't that mean your car sticks out of the parking bay?
just how much room do you need at the back of a car to be able to open the boot/hatchback - standing room.

On a safety basis I would sooner be standing at the back of the car in the bay than on the road judging by how poor some people are when reversing out of bays (ones opposite me).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
When Ive been in Florida on hols, you can always tell the Brits because it's their car that have reversed into a bay whereas the Americans always drive forward into a bay (shopping malls or eateries, not theme parks as everyone drives forward into a bay as youre told to)
I understood it is a legal requirement in the states because cars only have number plates on the rear so officers driving past can check them.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sporting bodies not being able to talk to each other. FA Cup Final and the rugby Champions Cup final currently due to be played at the same time and only a few miles away from each other. Also both supposed to be live on ITV.

Rugby especially shooting itself in the foot as their showcase club match will be relegated to a lesser ITV channel.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Sporting bodies not being able to talk to each other. FA Cup Final and the rugby Champions Cup final currently due to be played at the same time and only a few miles away from each other. Also both supposed to be live on ITV.

Rugby especially shooting itself in the foot as their showcase club match will be relegated to a lesser ITV channel.

And the celtic rangers cup final is also same time

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
So, three events clash. Two of them will be watched by a few dozen people and the other is the FA Cup final. Can’t see a problem 😂

I suspect that public transport may be a little tested especially if Leinster reach the final and bring their usual level of support and I suspect Toulouse may bring a few as well.

As for the TV Coverage, already said that was rugby's problem for timing the match badly