Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I’ve been helping to sort out my eldest and her girlfriends garden the past few weekends.

Last Sunday I said, bag up the brambles I cut back and I’ll pop over Saturday (today) and take them to the dump.

Got to their place and nothing
Had been done

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
I’ve been helping to sort out my eldest and her girlfriends garden the past few weekends.

Last Sunday I said, bag up the brambles I cut back and I’ll pop over Saturday (today) and take them to the dump.

Got to their place and nothing
Had been done

.......................... and that's when you stop helping them.

RichA

Visit site
Thank you very much for explaining that to me. As an engineer for nearly 40 years I really didn’t know that!
And if steering is so much worse with the steering wheels at the front, why haven’t car designers swapped the steering to the back?

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
Thank you very much for explaining that to me. As an engineer for nearly 40 years I really didn’t know that!
And if steering is so much worse with the steering wheels at the front, why haven’t car designers swapped the steering to the back?
Well, as an engineer you would have seen them being used on vehicles used for manoeuvering in small spaces, such as fork lifts, dumper trucks, etc.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well, as an engineer you would have seen them being used on vehicles used for manoeuvering in small spaces, such as fork lifts, dumper trucks, etc.
The Mercedes Vito based London Taxi has 4 wheel steer to enable it to have the required turning circle.
Didn't Honda and Mitsubishi sell some over here back int he 80's? I think they were too complex to fully entice everyone else to follow suit.

I have a very good friend who does plant deliveries, and he sometimes has a rear wheel steer trailer to use and he says it's a very different anumal to a normal trailer and requires a very different approach to use it.

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My car alarm. It has gone off randomly in the middle of the night during the last two nights. Why do they never go off at random during the day. 🤬

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Watching the “I’m a better engineer than you are” stuff and getting irritated by it, so I suppose that’s a specific irritation, not a random one.
So I can’t post it here……….

But I did………….. that might irritate someone 😬

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Watching the “I’m a better engineer than you are” stuff and getting irritated by it, so I suppose that’s a specific irritation, not a random one.
So I can’t post it here……….

But I did………….. that might irritate someone 😬
Have a read of the team/pairs/4bbb ‘discussion’ in the rules thread, that is a proper nit picking, points scoring (pun intended) thread 🤪

backwoodsman

Tour Winner
Visit site
People who pay by phone. They wait in the queue till it's their turn to pa, then spend ages getting the phone out, looking for the app, opening the app, and then trying to pay, and then taking 5 goes to get the payment done.
True. But only the modern equivalent of waiting too long before trying to find one's purse, then dithering as to whether to use two tens or one twenty, or use change.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People who pay by phone. They wait in the queue till it's their turn to pa, then spend ages getting the phone out, looking for the app, opening the app, and then trying to pay, and then taking 5 goes to get the payment done.
People who seem surprised that they need to actually pay when they get to the till and don't have the payment (cash, card or phone) ready and waiting. Must be the first time they have ever used a till

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
People who seem surprised that they need to actually pay when they get to the till and don't have the payment (cash, card or phone) ready and waiting. Must be the first time they have ever used a till
Very true. And it's often people who are so busy on their phone messaging that they don't realise it's their turn to pay and then act all surprised.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People backing into car park spaces in supermarket car parks. How do they get their shopping in to the boot?

I always reverse park. The whole process of parking is much easier and safer, notably getting out of the parking space when visibility is much better.

On a personal level my shopping goes on the floor in front of the rear seats where it is much more secured from flying around the place.

If I need to use the boot I just leave more room at the rear.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our current admin, we have an agreed cut off for payslips (it's 2 Mondays before, then slips come out the Thursday before)

Past 4 months they have randomly taken leave on cut off and made cut off the week before (least told us each time) this time no email but those 18 hours I did on my week off last week I'll be waiting until June by the looks.

If only they could log in from home .... Oh wait 🤣

Think the frustrating thing is weeks end on a Saturday for us. So 2 weekends ago the Saturday overtime is in for people but the Sunday is not. The admin was defo in Tuesday as I spoke to them. So why not just enter the forms each day?

Oh well first world problem.

Mandofred

Visit site
Have an offer in on a nearby house (bigger, but tons of work and ££). The irritation process now begins. Kind of hoping they take another offer. We have a perfectly good house.....but the other house has a quad garage!!!

Well..crap.....we got it. Drinking beer.............

Last edited:

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Speaking to a friend who works in IT in South Africa… apparently they have power problems and black outs. So can’t run computers.

So they put power plants, generators, solar etc on comms equipment- but these get stolen in broad daylight.
Transmission pylons going missing!! They are all fed up as they can’t run company payroll due to thefts.

Alan Clifford

Visit site
Speaking to a friend who works in IT in South Africa… apparently they have power problems and black outs. So can’t run computers.

So they put power plants, generators, solar etc on comms equipment- but these get stolen in broad daylight.
Transmission pylons going missing!! They are all fed up as they can’t run company payroll due to thefts.

Their handicap system was down for about a week last week. Their app. is now working but the website is broken until further notice. This appears to be a lot more serious than a load shedding problem.

We used to play at a small 9 hole course in Vredenburg. They had their irrigation pump stolen and all the greens died from water starvation.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site

Load Shedding. been that way for years!

At least SA doesn't have a proper working train system or they would go on strike like the muppets here on a bank weekend.