Random Irritations

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
what happened?
Just boring work stuff. Admin from the client telling me I haven't updated a distribution list correctly, yet it's not even my list she's talking about, I've never even seen it before. I told her this and she realised it was her colleague that created it. Then she tells me I need to create a distribution list so I'm issuing to the right people - yes, I already have one but you can't see it for the same reason I can't see your one. :rolleyes:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Just boring work stuff. Admin from the client telling me I haven't updated a distribution list correctly, yet it's not even my list she's talking about, I've never even seen it before. I told her this and she realised it was her colleague that created it. Then she tells me I need to create a distribution list so I'm issuing to the right people - yes, I already have one but you can't see it for the same reason I can't see your one. :rolleyes:
In some parallel world to mine this makes sense...... :ROFLMAO:

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Getting my Council tax bill and realising the two (similar sized) houses either side of ours are on a lower band - but no point in challenging as could go up a band (and I’m no grass 😁)
£500 difference for the year

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Getting my Council tax bill and realising the two (similar sized) houses either side of ours are on a lower band - but no point in challenging as could go up a band (and I’m no grass 😁)
£500 difference for the year
We had a single story 50sq metre extension built back in 2000.
Our council tax band didn't and hasn't changed.
But when we eventually sell, the band will be re-accessed for the new owners.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
You never, EVER, want to prod the council about your rating band. There is no chance it will ever be reduced even if it's clearly too high. The only possibility is that it will be increased.
Houses with extensions don't always get reassessed when they are sold. All you can hope is that it doesn't happen.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
You never, EVER, want to prod the council about your rating band. There is no chance it will ever be reduced even if it's clearly too high. The only possibility is that it will be increased.
Houses with extensions don't always get reassessed when they are sold. All you can hope is that it doesn't happen.

That's incorrect. Have a read of success stories on Money Saving Expert.

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
That's incorrect. Have a read of success stories on Money Saving Expert.
Interesting. I've always been advised that challenging your band is asking for trouble, but it appears that you can be successful. Every day is a learning day. That said, the guide on MSE does advise you to tread very carefully.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting. I've always been advised that challenging your band is asking for trouble, but it appears that you can be successful. Every day is a learning day. That said, the guide on MSE does advise you to tread very carefully.
I’ve always thought it’s more likely the properties either side would be raised a band for consistency rather than my property dropping down - so it’s a shrug and carry on…still irritating though

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I’ve always thought it’s more likely the properties either side would be raised a band for consistency rather than my property dropping down - so it’s a shrug and carry on…still irritating though
The MSE guide that chellie pointed me at says that it's rare for your neighbours to get clobbered. (But it can happen, they mention an entire street getting uprated when the one person in a higher band challenged it!)