Random Irritations

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
A sad one. Received a call yesterday evening that a good friend had not woken up yesterday morning. A very fit, or so we thought, 68yr old - looked mid 50’s. Wasn’t carrying an ounce of fat. Cycled 20-30 miles 3 or 4 times a week, and not at a leisurely pace. Gym 3 or 4 times a week. He might have a couple of small beers but nothing you could say might be a contributory factor… shocked!

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
A sad one. Received a call yesterday evening that a good friend had not woken up yesterday morning. A very fit, or so we thought, 68yr old - looked mid 50’s. Wasn’t carrying an ounce of fat. Cycled 20-30 miles 3 or 4 times a week, and not at a leisurely pace. Gym 3 or 4 times a week. He might have a couple of small beers but nothing you could say might be a contributory factor… shocked!
Sorry to hear that, someone who I worked with. Had headaches had a scan, found an inoperable brain tumour. Which they think he had had for years. They said the only reason he wasn't dead was due to his fitness. Rode to work every day 30 miles in total etc

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Most modern cars don't have spares, they have a can of gunk. Weight saving, reduces emissions............

It's probably 20 years since I've had a car with a spare in it.

My mum's has a spare. Flat the other day. I tried to get the tyre off it broke my torque wrench attachment it was welded on

Same happened to my mate at work he tried to get one off wouldn't budge. Everyone took the Mick until the track guys couldn't get it off either

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My mum's has a spare. Flat the other day. I tried to get the tyre off it broke my torque wrench attachment it was welded on

Same happened to my mate at work he tried to get one off wouldn't budge. Everyone took the Mick until the track guys couldn't get it off either
I know people hark back to the need for a spare but I've driven for 36 years, never needed one. Even if I did, could I get the old one off, fit a spare? Probably not, as you have described. At best, I'd ring the breakdown people. I'm happy with no spare, extra boot space.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I know people hark back to the need for a spare but I've driven for 36 years, never needed one. Even if I did, could I get the old one off, fit a spare? Probably not, as you have described. At best, I'd ring the breakdown people. I'm happy with no spare, extra boot space.

In the space the spare should be I've got all the junk that would take up boot space lol more room for golf stuff

I've got the spray in a slight emergency however never used in anger. My last can was out of date! That's how often

I drove 5 miles to the garage.. he took the wheel off. Pulled out the item (air started really flowing out) plugged it .. checked it wasn't leaking after filling up

Back on car

10 min pit stop

£15

Bargain

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sunday trading laws

Need a simple tyre repair, it's in the tread it will be no more than 10 mins worked but discovered 5pm on a Sunday rather than a Saturday 😂

Guess I'll use the wife's car tomorrow

Completely disagree. I’d actually like to go back to the time when Sunday hours were shorter and shooed closed half day on Wednesdays. It’s a bug factor on the strain finding retail staff.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
TV volume. Varies from streaming service it seems and on YouTube video to video

Would love a TV maker to develop a feature of auto volume adjustment so that regardless of what you put on the level is the same

There was a time when you could do that. Quickly turned off because it affected audio quality.

Samsung, LG and Sony TVs have it now but it is the sub menus.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Completely disagree. I’d actually like to go back to the time when Sunday hours were shorter and shooed closed half day on Wednesdays. It’s a bug factor on the strain finding retail staff.

Each to their own I guess

Have to admit it was very useful to find one garage open on a Sunday until 7

Considering the working week starts Monday having the ability to get back on the road safely was helpful