Random Irritations

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Parents that won't let their kids be kids and do their own homework. Had it several times through primary school where the kids had to complete a project and little Johnny (Noah) came in with something that had obviously been made by the parents even though they claimed he'd done it all himself. They weren't impressed when I asked if their 9 year old had done all of the welding themselves.

Going to have it again next week. Younger Colch Jnr is now at high school and they've got a story writing competition. I've looked at his story, at his request, and have changed "of" to "have" in a couple of places and told him that he needs to use a capital letter for the name of the dog in the story but apart from that have left it unchanged. You can guarantee that little Johnny's (Noah's) story will be bound in leather and will of course be "all his own work".

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Parents that won't let their kids be kids and do their own homework. Had it several times through primary school where the kids had to complete a project and little Johnny (Noah) came in with something that had obviously been made by the parents even though they claimed he'd done it all himself. They weren't impressed when I asked if their 9 year old had done all of the welding themselves.

Going to have it again next week. Younger Colch Jnr is now at high school and they've got a story writing competition. I've looked at his story, at his request, and have changed "of" to "have" in a couple of places and told him that he needs to use a capital letter for the name of the dog in the story but apart from that have left it unchanged. You can guarantee that little Johnny's (Noah's) story will be bound in leather and will of course be "all his own work".
This used to annoy me as well until I got my head around the fact that the one to suffer is little Johnny as when he gets older he won't know how to do certain things because mum and dad did them for him when he was younger. Johnny doesn't have the building blocks in place and it will bite him at some point.

The short term ego boost is a false one long term. Hard to suck that up when Johnny and parents are bragging about his latest mark but hold the thought in the back of your mind 👍

Robster59

Tour Rookie
www.eastrengolfclub.co.uk
This used to annoy me as well until I got my head around the fact that the one to suffer is little Johnny as when he gets older he won't know how to do certain things because mum and dad did them for him when he was younger. Johnny doesn't have the building blocks in place and it will bite him at some point.

The short term ego boost is a false one long term. Hard to suck that up when Johnny and parents are bragging about his latest mark but hold the thought in the back of your mind 👍
My kids did all their own work for school. I would never have done the work for them. I would have advised and suggested but that's about it.
Anyway, we all know that at that age, parents know nothing! :rolleyes::LOL:

Robster59

Tour Rookie
Personally, I think Crufts should be abolished. The Kennel Clubs dictats on what certain breeds should look like are frankly disgusting.
I agree totally. Many breeds have known inherent issues associated with the way they have been manipulated. When you look at photos of the breeds now, and from 50 to 100 years ago, in some instances the differences are astounding, and worrying.
Our boy is full mongrel from Romania. I'm not saying he doesn't have issues as he has the wonkiest paws you will see, but that is just something that has probably come from the inherent issues in the breeds that are part of him. He wasn't bred to look like that.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
My dad didn't allow me to abbreviate words like ''didn't''...''wasn't''...''couldn't'', it had to be ''did not''... ''was not''... ''could not''
And what was worse, was mixing up singular and plural ''there's loads of people over there''

I was not even allowed to turn my fork upside down when eating.
It was a hard life but I soon learned you got nothing without a please and a thank you.

Robster59

Tour Rookie
My Actinic keratosis has flared up again. I've had it before and I know the treatment works but the treatment means that I'll be walking around for a few weeks with a patchy scarlet face. Unfortunately I have to delay the start of the treatment as the dermatologist treated parts of my face with liquid nitrogen and so there is broken skin, and I can't use the Efudix on broken skin.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
My Actinic keratosis has flared up again. I've had it before and I know the treatment works but the treatment means that I'll be walking around for a few weeks with a patchy scarlet face. Unfortunately I have to delay the start of the treatment as the dermatologist treated parts of my face with liquid nitrogen and so there is broken skin, and I can't use the Efudix on broken skin.

Ouch. Mask wearing had its benefits sometimes :)

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
just got an email from Cambrook with a 15% off voucher code (Easter24) which prompted me to go and order a load more nuts as they are superb. I basket £42 order and then pay - forgetting about the 15% off!!!!!!

HeftyHacker

Visit site
My dad didn't allow me to abbreviate words like ''didn't''...''wasn't''...''couldn't'', it had to be ''did not''... ''was not''... ''could not''
And what was worse, was mixing up singular and plural ''there's loads of people over there''

I was not even allowed to turn my fork upside down when eating.
It was a hard life but I soon learned you got nothing without a please and a thank you.

My dad always had a saying when I was a nipper - "hearts are like doors and open with ease, with a nice 'thank you' and if you 'please'." He had a load of sayings like that but that one always stuck with me.

I like to consider myself quite polite and courteous but a couple of my playing partners certainly aren't - I gave one of them a right roasting when we were on an away trip over how he spoke to the waiting staff at a pub we were in.

Manners cost nowt.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
People who queue for “all” of the pumps at a large petrol forecourt. You can wait there all you like, but I will drive past you and queue directly behind one of the lanes.

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes Efudix treatment is really painul, I had it twice.
.Last time it was accidentally transferred all over my face and eyelids , I was in agony.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
PRO 11 WELLBEING Plantar Series Orthotic Insoles for Plantar Fasciitis Knee Pain Back Pain Fallen Arches https://amzn.eu/d/2d7qpt1

I use these in every pair of shoes and slippers I own

Been suffering with it over 7 years but don't feel it with these
Extremely painful.
Thanks Paul will get some ordered.

Billysboots, yes it :mad: is. Think it's been brewing for a while and I'd not realised what it was.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Plantar fasciitis:mad:
Our GP Surgery offers Steroid injections, I recently had 4 into my foot and within 3 days I was totally pain free.

My prescribed insoles were also 3 yrs old so the GP has also referred me to the local Orthotics Dept for remeasuring, I was seen a fortnight ago and my prescription had altered, which the physio believes had caused the issue to flare up.

Worth checking with your GP as to what is available.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Thanks Paul will get some ordered.

Billysboots, yes it :mad: is. Think it's been brewing for a while and I'd not realised what it was.

Mine lingered for a while, was really painful at its worst, but disappeared almost overnight. It can be a really strange condition, but I genuinely feel your pain.

Hope you get it sorted as soon as possible.