Random Irritations

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Hospitals, or more specifically the lack of parking at hospitals. Had to take the Mrs in for day surgery and, after dropping her off so she wouldn’t be late, I spent nearly half an hour driving round 3 car parks trying to find a space, all whilst trying to avoid all the cars that were parked/abandoned on various verges, etc around the car park. Why don’t they build nice multi storey car parks at these places when they know they will have loads of visitors?

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Hospitals, or more specifically the lack of parking at hospitals. Had to take the Mrs in for day surgery and, after dropping her off so she wouldn’t be late, I spent nearly half an hour driving round 3 car parks trying to find a space, all whilst trying to avoid all the cars that were parked/abandoned on various verges, etc around the car park. Why don’t they build nice multi storey car parks at these places when they know they will have loads of visitors?
Imagine how much worse for the staff they have to go through that every day.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site

We have one at our nearest and it can still be difficult to find a space.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Our Local hospital "Queens" in Romford has a large Multi-story so no problem parking there (apart from the cost). However we do not have to go there, we have to make regular visits to The Royal Free at Hampstead Heath Camden... No parking at all, I have to drop the Mrs off then drive to the City of London car park on the Heath where 4 hours of parking is £11.50 with each additional hour costing £10. we are typically there for 7 Hours. 😖

Last edited:

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Our Local hospital Queens in Romford has a large Multi-story so no problem parking there (apart from the cost). However we do not have to go there, we have to make regular visits to The Royal Free at Hampstead Heath Camden... No parking at all, I have to drop the Mrs off then drive to the City of London car park on the Heath where 4 hours of parking is £11.50 with each additional hour costing £10. we are typically there for 7 Hours. 😖
Read the first 6 words and paused. thought quickly, “Where is this going”! However I should have known better.

our hospital which covers the whole of The Furness Peninsula is a bargain. £1.50 per hour but if you have a ticket on and run to 2 hours it is OK. Understand it is not manned at the weekend.

People still think£1.50 is expensive!!

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
Our main one (central town location) has just one multistorey for patients that allows continuous entry even when it's full!!!! It's a joke.

You can cruise around up and down from ground to top and back again for 20-40 minutes and get nowhere, yet if someone who just happens to luck out and as soon as they drive in and a space clears in front of them they get it. I have been on both sides of that coin. I despair. The disorganisation is woeful. Peoples' nerves are often shot to bits having to attend in the first place. Such a hopeless system only exacerbates the misery and stress.

To make matters worse there used to be street parking in the vicinity. However the local council has changed it to park and pay at hight prices and time limited stays.

Folks coming to the hospital either to visit or have day surgery end up so wound up by the utterly infuriating pantomime by the time they actually get a space. And that doesn't always happen. :mad::mad:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Our Local hospital "Queens" in Romford has a large Multi-story so no problem parking there (apart from the cost). However we do not have to go there, we have to make regular visits to The Royal Free at Hampstead Heath Camden... No parking at all, I have to drop the Mrs off then drive to the City of London car park on the Heath where 4 hours of parking is £11.50 with each additional hour costing £10. we are typically there for 7 Hours. 😖
My mum was on duty at the old Royal Free in 1944 when it was hit by a V1 bomb.
Part of the ceiling fell on her head.
Bit of an irritation.
She carried on working.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Read the first 6 words and paused. thought quickly, “Where is this going”! However I should have known better.

our hospital which covers the whole of The Furness Peninsula is a bargain. £1.50 per hour but if you have a ticket on and run to 2 hours it is OK. Understand it is not manned at the weekend.

People still think£1.50 is expensive!!

Imagine travelling across London to Chelsea & Westminster hospital. 2 hours travel time, then 2 hours touring the car parks. Car park charge, £25. The bill to the customer was almost £800 before the tool box was opened.

Multiply that by the number of field service engineers visiting every day.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
They built a multi storey at my local hospital, luckily I know where to park away from it, when I left the hospital after a trip to A&E I worked out that parking in it would have cost me £15.20.

chellie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not mine but eldest daughter.

Her car insurance renewal has come through at £5000 more than last year! A renewal price of just over £5,500!!!!

Needless to say the cheaper option of only £800 more is going to be the one she will choose. That is still nearly 100% more than it was last year. Her DH, who is a named driver had a no fault claim in his works van so she thinks that's also playing a big part.