Random Irritations

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Out driving today, going down a standard A road, 1 car in front, nothing coming towards us on the other side.

An ambulance appears going the opposite way, blues n twos going, with nothing in front of it.

As soon as the ambulance came into view the car in front slams on the anchors forcing me into full emergency stop mode, fortunately, I had left a decent gap.

Eejeets 🙄

cliveb

Head Pro
Visit site
I give a place two goes and if it's not right it'll never be right.
Some places are so bad they only get one chance.
The town where I live there are two fish and chip shops. When we tried one of them, everything about it was so wrong that we would rather starve than ever use it again.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nearest pub to our house closed as while back when landlords retired.

New tenants converted it to an Indian. Great job of refurb, food however absolutely blooming shocking. Two goes, both awful.

Do they get another chance? Probably not.
I don't get how a pub cannot survive without customers yet an Indian food place can and does. A question and irritation.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
An online bank, the best one apparently, if you open a single account inadvertantly, and call them to have it changed into a joint account
1. They can't do it
2. They have to open a new joint one
3. The other person needs to be there at the time. A person they can't see, only hear as I was on the phone to them. Luckily the person did admit it was a bit stupid, as I could have pretended they were with me and put on a voice.
4. You cannot now do this online as you now have an account open with them.

I find this a bit bonkers, but I'm sure some will be along shortly to explain why.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
An online bank, the best one apparently, if you open a single account inadvertantly, and call them to have it changed into a joint account
1. They can't do it
2. They have to open a new joint one
3. The other person needs to be there at the time. A person they can't see, only hear as I was on the phone to them. Luckily the person did admit it was a bit stupid, as I could have pretended they were with me and put on a voice.
4. You cannot now do this online as you now have an account open with them.

I find this a bit bonkers, but I'm sure some will be along shortly to explain why.

Cant dispute the irritation to you but I’m so glad point three exists

Imagine if it was actually possible for someone to go about signing other people up to all kinds of accounts, contracts, subscriptions etc over a phone without that person actually taking part in the call

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Companies with inconsistent naming formats for their email addresses. Just been asked to grant access to a group of people and it's like:
dpenfold@company
jack.owen@company
george@company

That's three different formats already, sort it out for God's sake! It makes me anxious. 😆

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Wolves vs Chelsea on Christmas eve, that's going to be an interesting conversation when she gets in tonight.

To make it worse, one of our longest away trips is now on a Monday night.

You take the tv money, you get what you're given, but there's little consideration for match going fans.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Yet another purchase going missing in transit..
3rd one in 2 months - all different retailers and different couriers....
Not out of pocket just mildly miffed.....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yet another purchase going missing in transit..
3rd one in 2 months - all different retailers and different couriers....
Not out of pocket just mildly miffed.....
The day before my anniversary, back on September the 16th, I realised I hadn't got her a card so I ordered one from Thortful and paid extra for next day delivery. It just arrived the other day, on October 17th, a full month later. I'd already gone to Thortful and got my money back. 😆

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Wolves vs Chelsea on Christmas eve, that's going to be an interesting conversation when she gets in tonight.

To make it worse, one of our longest away trips is now on a Monday night.

You take the tv money, you get what you're given, but there's little consideration for match going fans.

I strongly sympathise! Its not easy being a match going fan these days!

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Another dress code issue 🤦🏻
This coming Saturday I’m attending an industry awards presentation night with some colleagues, I’m not up for an award obviously just there for the free the food and beer 🍻 🤣
It’s at Doncaster race course, starts at 12 ish and goes on until late so will be quite messy I imagine, dress code is smart casual. I’m not suiting and booting just a pair of chinos and a shirt.
So trainers yay or nay?

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
This coming Saturday I’m attending an industry awards presentation night with some colleagues, I’m not up for an award obviously just there for the free the food and beer 🍻 🤣
It’s at Doncaster race course, starts at 12 ish and goes on until late so will be quite messy I imagine, dress code is smart casual. I’m not suiting and booting just a pair of chinos and a shirt.
So trainers yay or nay?
What colour?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So trainers yay or nay?
ask Tashy to lend you some of his Crocs.
He’s definitely got some smart/cas ones perfect for these kind of thing.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Yeah, was going to say.. black or brown leather trainers sounds like it would work. Maybe not the bright white Reebok Classics. 😄
See plenty of older blokes at West Ham wearing Claret and Blue Adidas Gazzelle! 🫣

Maybe these for Beezerk…