Random Irritations

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Excluding the predictions thread there is the football thread and the Scottish football thread (bless their Exceptionalism 😆) then there was two “would you blow the transfer budget threads” which you have now merged (well done btw👍) why don’t you just chuck them all in together?

Just pointing out it’s randomly irritating, especially for folk that do not like football.
But you’re a West Ham fa
 oh, I understand. đŸ€Ș

Just bantz

pompeybandit

Visit site
Just bought a Chromebook to replace my 10 year old Windows laptop. Discovered that my printer is not recognised by it. Found a work around but now some files are printing extra blank pages that don't exist in the original. Now going to have to resort to waiting ages for the old laptop to start just to print one address label.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ha
Love the dark humour, it’s what us brits do best

.22 air rifle at zero range did the trick
Clean, quick, hole already dug,
Now having a bloody big whisky

How do farmers do it?

I remember back in the 50/60s we used to chose which of the chickens we wanted to as they ran round the coup. The farmer just used to pick it up and the rest is certificate X on a forum such as this except to say he just used his hands.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just stop oil protestors. In this case the one that has jumped onto the table at the snooker and tipped orange powder onto the table. What's the point? He's been hauled off by security and they've got the hoover out and cleaned up the table to continue the match.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just stop oil protestors. In this case the one that has jumped onto the table at the snooker and tipped orange powder onto the table. What's the point? He's been hauled off by security and they've got the hoover out and cleaned up the table to continue the match.

Just saw that. Protesting the snooker is a new one. A bonkers new one. Got to be the least offensive game on the planet. Unless they are protesting the rubber strips that run along the cushions, or the balls. Who knows what lies in the minds of lunatics.

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
For sure, using a mobile phone while driving is an issue, but my irritation in this respect concerns the design of modern cars.
Many of them have transferred various controls (such as adjusting the heater settings, changing the volume on the radio, etc) to a touchscreen via multi-level menus.
Does anyone know what the law is regarding using these touchscreen controls? I'm guessing that since it is part of the car's control system, you're allowed to use it.
And yet you mustn't even think of touching your phone.
Frankly I can't see any significant difference between the two.
I get what you're saying here.
When I was working I drove many different cars and always thought touch screens were difficult to use safely. One if the worst offenders for this are Volvos. Their touch screens are quite complicated and always advised customers to set everything up before setting off.
I always thought it strange that apparently, Volves mission is to have 100% safe cars. Have to say that some of their safety features are very good but can't say the same for their touch screens.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well NatWest are terrible

Opened a fix rate savings to put some away for the girls, the wife did it.. transfer the cash

They have blocked her account , fair enough we think just call get it sorted

"There is a 24 hour block we can't give any information why if you don't hear from us in 24 hours call back"

Wow helpful

I had this with my bank once, 10 min call and everything was fixed

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Played tennis for the first time since last summer this evening. Didn't bother stretching or anything, who has time for that? My back is agony now, can hardly push myself forward off a chair. (At least I won the match though.)

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Played tennis for the first time since last summer this evening. Didn't bother stretching or anything, who has time for that? My back is agony now, can hardly push myself forward off a chair. (At least I won the match though.)

Welcome to father hood lol

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Excluding the predictions thread there is the football thread and the Scottish football thread (bless their Exceptionalism 😆) then there was two “would you blow the transfer budget threads” which you have now merged (well done btw👍) why don’t you just chuck them all in together?

Just pointing out it’s randomly irritating, especially for folk that do not like football.
I have little or no interest in the ‘The footie thread‘ as have little interest in English league football. Handy having one specific to Scottish football
after all I wouldn’t want to inflict such as my ugly mug on unsuspecting forummers as I did yesterday to Scottish viewers 😉

Last edited:

RichA

Visit site
Boarding a plane

What's with the dozens of folk standing/blocking access to the gate when their seats/zone obviously haven't been called for boarding yet. Get out of the chuffing way!
Imagine the same scenario on absolutely every public transport hub commuting 5 days a week.
2 1/2 years to go.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Boarding a plane

What's with the dozens of folk standing/blocking access to the gate when their seats/zone obviously haven't been called for boarding yet. Get out of the chuffing way!
Additionally, it always amazes me how hard it is for people to find their allocated seat and sit the 
. down. Again, blocking the aisle.
It’s pretty easy, locate seat by reading the row numbers, chuck bag in overhead or underseat and sit in said seat.

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Additionally, it always amazes me how hard it is for people to find their allocated seat and sit the 
It’s pretty easy, locate seat by reading the row numbers, chuck bag in overhead or underseat and sit in said seat.
Not just planes. Always amazes me when at the football/theatre/cinema how difficult some people find the seat/row numbering system. If you can count and you know your alphabet it is not difficult!

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site

Yup, and the ones getting up/down like jack in the box to get things from the overhead bins that they obviously wanted during the flight.
We're not regular travelers but it made sense to have a smaller bag we could take out of the hand luggage before storing it that had the things we would need during the flight

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Don't know if it's that or the fact I'm carrying an extra half a stone since the last time I played. Getting out of bed this morning was a struggle. Hello Ibuprofen, old friend.

Remember muscle weighs more than fat .. I mean I know mine ain't muscle đŸ€Ł but just hold onto that thought

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Usually one of the more reliable delivery services, DPD Local have completely lost the plot today.
Parcel due between 10.13 and 11.13 - usually the first half of that time slot...
Live tracked the van and he was 4 stops away at 11.10
11.14 comes and the status of the delivery tells me the driver is running late bit will be with me shortly.
The van continued on it's way, never getting nearer and ,in fact, is now on the other side of town...
Now I know I haven't missed the delivery, it's still showing that he's running late, and even if I had I've left instructions to,leave the parcel at the back of themhouse and not ring the doorbell as Mrs Imurg is asleep having just come off nights....so they can't have been at all.....he hasn't delivered it somewhere else because it's not showing as delivered
And I'll find a set of hen's teeth before I find a useful Help page on their website.....
Bunch of mindless jerks who'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes....

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Usually one of the more reliable delivery services, DPD Local have completely lost the plot today.
Parcel due between 10.13 and 11.13 - usually the first half of that time slot...
Live tracked the van and he was 4 stops away at 11.10
11.14 comes and the status of the delivery tells me the driver is running late bit will be with me shortly.
The van continued on it's way, never getting nearer and ,in fact, is now on the other side of town...
Now I know I haven't missed the delivery, it's still showing that he's running late, and even if I had I've left instructions to,leave the parcel at the back of themhouse and not ring the doorbell as Mrs Imurg is asleep having just come off nights....so they can't have been at all.....he hasn't delivered it somewhere else because it's not showing as delivered
And I'll find a set of hen's teeth before I find a useful Help page on their website.....
Bunch of mindless jerks who'll be first against the wall when the revolution comes....
That DPD tracker of the van's location is a blessing and a curse. Sometimes it's nice to see they're nearby, but other times it's as you say - they go from being two roads down to suddenly being three miles away and you wonder who the hell plans their routes.