Random Irritations

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The Richard Head from a few doors down our close this morning. Off to work in his big van with just a tiny viewing hole scraped out of the ice on his windscreen.

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I had a Car Park one this morning.
Parked front first in a space as I was going to fill the boot with goodies...
The car in the space in front of me had backed in and was within 1mm of the line...
I pulled in and left the normal sort of gap to the back line so the arse of the car wasn't sticking out..
Came back and the owner of the car in front is putting his bags on the back seat...he looks and me and moans that I've parked too close to him and he could get his boot open...
" should have gone in front first then" was my reply as I backed out....

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
The Richard Head from a few doors down our close this morning. Off to work in his big van with just a tiny viewing hole scraped out of the ice on his windscreen.

So many round here, i run early doors and have seen so many this week.

To add to this, driver irritations. My kids primary school operates a kiss-and-drop, car stops, and the kids can hop out and run straight through the gate. It works well! so many drivers then pick up their phones, start texting and drive off.. watched 3 do it this morning! Idiots.

Mandofred

Visit site
So many round here, i run early doors and have seen so many this week.

To add to this, driver irritations. My kids primary school operates a kiss-and-drop, car stops, and the kids can hop out and run straight through the gate. It works well! so many drivers then pick up their phones, start texting and drive off.. watched 3 do it this morning! Idiots.
One of the main reasons I don't ride a bicycle any more.....too many close calls. For some reason, my wife wants me to live.....so between near death accidents, and my wife giving me the evil eye....no more cycling.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Take the positives from every situation in life
Now I assume the money will be in place? And u have found a car you like .. so the search is narrowed just that final bit to get over the line!
Not really because I've never seen that price anywhere else sadly. Gone back to looking at Qashqais. :ROFLMAO:

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sorry we could not deliver your parcel as you were not in.

Not a problem, I am at work all week. When can I collect it.

Monday to Friday between 8 and 2.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
LV which is who we use have £1 million on Home or unlimited rebuild cover on Home Plus. Rebuild costs won't vary so much by where you live. House valuations will though.

House valuations have nothing to do with cost of insurance it is only ever rebuild cost which can vary quite a lot (or used to ) region

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I have no idea why it’s so expensive…though I guess the value of my house means rebuild cost of my 3 bed semi is going to be higher than most other areas of the UK. I’ve got nothing out of the ordinary in respect of cover.

if you want to calculate it

www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/choosing-the-right-insurance/home-insurance/buildings-insurance/calculating-your-rebuild-cost/

A lot of insurers now just go by the number of bedrooms and build i.e detached semi or terrace etc.

BrianM

Head Pro
Visit site
if you want to calculate it

www.abi.org.uk/products-and-issues/choosing-the-right-insurance/home-insurance/buildings-insurance/calculating-your-rebuild-cost/

A lot of insurers now just go by the number of bedrooms and build i.e detached semi or terrace etc.

Think this is ok for a standard build, I renovated an old Victorian house (1800’s), cost 200k, renovated it, worth 350k, Insurance because of the type of build, 850k, massive difference, but when you start adding it all up at worst case scenario, ie rubble on the ground, it might not be far away.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Squirrels, Dirty horrible things, rats with fluffy tails. (The grey ones, yes i am a squirrel racist) they get a pellet up their arse from my lads airsoft gun. Have you ever seen the destruction they can cause if they get in a loft!?!

In case you didn't know, I quite like squirrels.

HeftyHacker

Visit site
The used car salesman at the garage in the next town over. Just didn't feel like wanted the business at all and didn't take me seriously. Could barely be arsed getting the keys to let me look in it never mind a test drive.

Took quite a bit of satisfaction in ringing the guy in the more local branch of the same franchise (who hadn't had that car in stock but who had been great with me and the missus when viewing other cars the day before) and asking if they could get the same car shipped to them so I could buy it through him. His response "Not a problem, come through Saturday and we'll get it ready for a test drive for you".