Random Irritations

theoneandonly

Blackballed
Visit site
I've never seen a black person. I've seen loads of people of various colours between light and very dark brown but never black. I've also never seen a white person apart from the odd Scotsman on the beach in Spain but I've seen loads of pink people. Why is it offensive to call someone the colour they actually are?
Errr that's the point ... I don't know anyone who is yellow.

D

Deleted member 15344

Exactly…. At the moment(sic) it is “all right” to describe someone as White or Black.
Because that is the colour they most closely resemble. There is no racist connotation to it .
If you asked someone to describe in colour Chinese, Japanese , and other nationalities from that part of the world, then yellow is the most likely. That is all the song was doing.
To do so isn’t racist, and in the song it is a succinct lyric to fit the song.

Within the song, it was merely saying “everyone”. I’m sure no racist intent was there when it was written, nor when it was sung.
I really hope you read that back to yourself and see exactly how it is racist ?‍♂️

This conversation is not a good one at all

D

Deleted member 31467

Google Asian skin tone, the number of references to yellow may surprise you.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
When a fat person correctly calls me bald, I have to agree, but if I suggest that they're fat .................................... WOW!

Like when I chat with girls and it’s “can I try your glasses on” taking them off my face and doing it, but when I ask people in wheelchairs if I can have a go I’m out of order!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Mice have chewed through one of the pockets of my carry bag ?

That reminds me of a time I sold a bag on ebay

I said it had holes in the hood because of mice (whilst in the shed) and included decent photos of the damage. The person who bought it then complained about the damage and even tried to get a refund via ebay (who upheld the case in my favour).

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Our freezer definitely doesn't have space for such an enormous beast. We will have to look at donating it somehow or it'll go in the bin - don't know where to start though really as not done that before.

Cook and cut it up in to portions then freeze. Gets rid of most the bulk by discarding the bones and carcass.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why are people using VW Campervans as cars? There's millions of them! :ROFLMAO:

Blocking up multiple parking spaces and have you noticed they always have one headlight not working?

Ban them! (and caravans!)

Have you ever looked at the cost of a campervan. Probably loads who cannot afford two vehicles.

I know I never could never afford to buy a campervan and it is why I became a caravanner.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Oh the irony of the man who defends his clubs fans use of a offensive term as "theirs" but it's not OK to use offensive terms in a song....
If offensive words are going to be removed from song and things, it applies to football chants, even your own.
That's fine, and I have slowly changed my opinion on that as well. As we grow, we learn.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I've never seen a black person. I've seen loads of people of various colours between light and very dark brown but never black. I've also never seen a white person apart from the odd Scotsman on the beach in Spain but I've seen loads of pink people. Why is it offensive to call someone the colour they actually are?
You don't get to decide for everyone though do you? White people and black people are obviously not offended by the term, whereas East Asian people have clearly decided they don't want to be referred to as yellow. You don't have the right to tell them they're wrong.