Random Irritations

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
As I have been on the forum for a little over 18 months, I can't comment on 7 years ago and more.
I've met around 10 forumers over that time, mainly through Arrange-A-Game and personal messaging. All sound chaps and a great day was had each time.
Three forumers took up an offer of an AmAm at my club earlier this year and I had not met them until the day.
I imagine all three took the risk of playing with a B.E. but went for it anyway.
No one ever said anything about my pink castle tees. I think they were all too polite to do so.
I have opinions on issues that often put me in a minority. This is a forum that includes debating issues, is it not?
Should those with minority opinions not be allowed to take part? How boring would that be?
You are all welcome to answer the above two questions with honest (and lets not forget humorous) opinions.
Long may this forum continue - warts an' all!

so you're another one of "those" people? :ROFLMAO:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Debating over opinions is fine, we all have them and that is what makes a discussion interesting. Being blinded by your opinion (and believing it is fact) is where the problems start though. The Footie thread used to be the worst place for this, but the "LIV Golf" and "Would you buy an electric car" threads have take this to a whole new level.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
the mind numbing cuts to the NHS...

... MIL getting some super care from the NHS. the oncology staff are really good but super stretched. Need some paperwork from the Consultant, they are always super busy. So i asked the staff if I can get the Consultant's PA's email add.
.. apparently, due to funding, they no longer have group PAs. The consultants have to manage their own diaries and paperwork!!. I know they are superhuman, but surely we dont expect them to waste time chasing paperwork, when they could be saving lives.
We just keep killing the NHS.

If i say anything more, the Infraction police will be on me in a flash.

Missis Ts role was taken away. Bank care nurse trainer coordinator. It saved the trust 35K a year getting rid of her. The bank nurse department saved millions per year. Not only that, the bank nurse dept was running near to 98% of shifts required to cover. The training was excellent with bank care workers going onto get full or part time jobs, careers going into nursing. And no agenvy workers. She then set up a urology outreach department that made the trust thousands and thousands. After a while they were doing that much work they were snowed under with paperwork. They had asked for secretarys to do the paperwork. After a while it became common sense to pay someone with the skills to do the paperwork who was on less money. The way the NHS is run is mind boggling.

D

Deleted member 31467

I lurked on here for years before signing up it's definitely gone downhill. Just constant bickering now which is why I don't sign in very often.
Agree with the comment about arranging games, I wouldn't put an offer out there with some of the bellends on here now.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
As I have been on the forum for a little over 18 months, I can't comment on 7 years ago and more.
I've met around 10 forumers over that time, mainly through Arrange-A-Game and personal messaging. All sound chaps and a great day was had each time.
Three forumers took up an offer of an AmAm at my club earlier this year and I had not met them until the day.
I imagine all three took the risk of playing with a B.E. but went for it anyway.
No one ever said anything about my pink castle tees. I think they were all too polite to do so.
I have opinions on issues that often put me in a minority. This is a forum that includes debating issues, is it not?
Should those with minority opinions not be allowed to take part? How boring would that be?
You are all welcome to answer the above two questions with honest (and lets not forget humorous) opinions.
Long may this forum continue - warts an' all!

Open debate and having your views and opinions challenged is part of the vast tapestry of life. Unfortunately, for whatever reason there are people who feel their views shouldn’t be challenged.

One thing I’ll not change my opinion on is the use of pink castle tees. Some things are just so wrong there is no room for negotiation ?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I agree with what you say, but unfortunately a lot of people mistake opinion with fact - and will argue til the death to try and proof their point. This then ends up in going round in circles, gets boring and puts people off. If people just state their point of view once or twice, then agreed to disagree (or even accept the counter argument) this place would be a lot better.
Debating over opinions is fine, we all have them and that is what makes a discussion interesting. Being blinded by your opinion (and believing it is fact) is where the problems start though. The Footie thread used to be the worst place for this, but the "LIV Golf" and "Would you buy an electric car" threads have take this to a whole new level.
Agree with both of these. I like a debate sometimes, but once I've realised that neither party is changing our mind, I try and walk away from it (honest). But I still think with threads like that if it descends into rubbish it's quite easy just to stop opening that thread and focus on other ones. I haven't opened the LIV or EV threads for months and I don't feel like I've lost anything.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
I lurked on here for years before signing up it's definitely gone downhill. Just constant bickering now which is why I don't sign in very often.
Agree with the comment about arranging games, I wouldn't put an offer out there with some of the bellends on here now.

2 years of trying to avoid Covid hasn't improved my patience so apologies if I'm one of the bickerers

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Open debate and having your views and opinions challenged is part of the vast tapestry of life. Unfortunately, for whatever reason there are people who feel their views shouldn’t be challenged.

One thing I’ll not change my opinion on is the use of pink castle tees. Some things are just so wrong there is no room for negotiation ?
I've got some purple ones that are the same size. I'll save them in case we ever have a game together. :sneaky:

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site
Agree with both of these. I like a debate sometimes, but once I've realised that neither party is changing our mind, I try and walk away from it (honest). But I still think with threads like that if it descends into rubbish it's quite easy just to stop opening that thread and focus on other ones. I haven't opened the LIV or EV threads for months and I don't feel like I've lost anything.
I've opened each one of those once only, I believe. That was enough for me.
Sorry, this is a boring post. I appear to have agreed on a point.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Buy a Yorkie.
You're welcome!
Yorkie chocolate isn't as nice as Kitkat chocolate. If only.........

Greg Wallace did an Inside the Factory at Rowntrees where they made the Kitkat chunky's, Sad to say, they now have a machine which rejects a 100% chocolate chunky :cry:. Why, just why? It used to be one of life's little bonuses to come across a Kitkat with no wafer in it. Sad times......

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I mean, if you don't like biscuit in your chocolate why the hell have you bought a KitKat? What is going on here? You wouldn't buy a ham & cheese sandwich and complain that they put ham in it would you??

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
Mysogintistic garages that prey on women quoting all sorts of nonsense to generate fraudulent sales.

HID had to take her car in this morning so I followed along to act as pick up. Problem was pretty simple, trye valve was leaking causing a slow puncture (I has the wheel off yesterday and checked for punctures (barrel of water trick) and only leak of air was from the valve.

After 20 minutes waiting I went in to see what was taking so long only to find that they'd told her that the tyre needed replacing as the "tyre wall had failed" and that the tracking was out by a lot (car has never pulled in any direction since new) so she needed two new tryes (to match wear) and tracking. That'll be £450 thanks... To which I asked to see the tyre wall damage and the uneven wear from the tracking issue and mentioned I had checked the tyre...

Backtracking followed at a seriously fast pace. Got to wonder how often they get away with it.