Random Irritations

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Genuine question as I mod elsewhere and have seen all sorts of changes to that forum. If it's that bad why stay on it?

Because it was great a few years ago. I dip in and out now unlike many good friends and ex forumers who have unfortunately left and a large amount of others still here that have largely disappeared due to the tripe that occupies much of this once great place. Who would dare put an invite for a game on here now - compared to it being a regular thing in the past. These issues has been said several times by others but it still frustrates. But the title of this thread is irrirations and there are several on here that have ruined what was a great place for banter and friendship and now...is not! But hey, times change and society, the economy and everything in it is also worse so maybe a reflection on the state of affairs that we are in

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
102 phone calls since 8.00 am to try and get Bradley Tash into the drs ?why don’t the have a “ you are caller number 200”. etc
Now 114

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Are the Daily Mail comments down this weekend?

What did you have in mind? Are you irritaed that nobody is quoting the Mail so you can correct them with superior woke ideology? You know that anyone who reads the Mail must not have a brain cell and be indoctrinated by the evil journalists? But which subject did you have in mind - let me know and i will search it out and you can give your views or maybe (more likely) just a snide little comment

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
What did you have in mind? Are you irritaed that nobody is quoting the Mail so you can correct them with superior woke ideology? You know that anyone who reads the Mail must not have a brain cell and be indoctrinated by the evil journalists? But which subject did you have in mind - let me know and i will search it out and you can give your views or maybe (more likely) just a snide little comment

I’m not the one who is irritated though am I. You are complaining the forum has gone down hill, yet you add nothing of any particular interest.

Do you even know what woke means, and could you explain what exactly my “superior woke ideology” is. As I’m not sure what you mean.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
102 phone calls since 8.00 am to try and get Bradley Tash into the drs ?why don’t the have a “ you are caller number 200”. etc
Now 114

Hope for your sake there’s not 200 trying to get through!

Lets say there’s two staff answering the phone at the local surgery and they each do one call every 3 minutes or 20 calls an hour (& no other work) & say they don’t take any breaks/lunch or have any other distractions

If everyone stays in the Q that’s still 5 hours to deal with 100 calls each before call number 200 is answered

D

Deleted member 23270

So report and let us sort it

If people remain silent, it is assumed that all is well in the world.

By their nature some threads may go off on a tangent, but most return to normal without any mod involvement

But if we don’t know ……….
Why don't you use the search function? It's not difficult to type a 4 letter word into a box a couple of times a day.

PNWokingham

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’m not the one who is irritated though am I. You are complaining the forum has gone down hill, yet you add nothing of any particular interest.

Do you even know what woke means, and could you explain what exactly my “superior woke ideology” is. As I’m not sure what you mean.

you constantly have a dig at anyone quoting the mail so obviously have snide-dig withdrawl symptoms. My complaint about the forum was after your mail post and i explained some if my frustraions in that.

"Do you even know what"....blah blah - that is a superior condescending typical-snide post from you.

And you may not be the one irritated but you are very good at irritating

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hope for your sake there’s not 200 trying to get through!

Lets say there’s two staff answering the phone at the local surgery and they each do one call every 3 minutes or 20 calls an hour (& no other work) & say they don’t take any breaks/lunch or have any other distractions

If everyone stays in the Q that’s still 5 hours to deal with 100 calls each before call number 200 is answered

I don’t get it, our gp has a answer phone queue system. Not everyone wants an appointment, so a repeat prescription you are pointed down that line. If you are number 53 in the queue you know it is busy. Missis T took the little one to school and tried ringing on the way.She got through the second time of ringing. ???
appointment at 11.15. I did however find out the iPhone stops counting callback numbers after 200 ?

rulefan

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don’t get it, our gp has a answer phone queue system. Not everyone wants an appointment, so a repeat prescription you are pointed down that line. If you are number 53 in the queue you know it is busy. Missis T took the little one to school and tried ringing on the way.She got through the second time of ringing. ???
appointment at 11.15. I did however find out the iPhone stops counting callback numbers after 200 ?
We can order prescriptions and book appointments (although there aren't many available) online. But I did get a routine jab appointment for next week.

Oddsocks

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Genuine question as I mod elsewhere and have seen all sorts of changes to that forum. If it's that bad why stay on it?

Just because it’s the best out there at present doesn’t mean it’s as good as it previously was.

I agree with PW, so many good members have either left or now just lurk as there are a handful of over opinionated people who simply fail to grasp or event attempt to other peoples opinions or views.

As he highlighted a prime example is the game invites, a lot of this is done behind closed messaging to the same people which was never that case when I originally joined. Unfortunately the chance of a complete bell end taking up the offer isn’t worth the risk alas that great part of the forum dies.

Mudball

Assistant Pro
Visit site
the mind numbing cuts to the NHS...

... MIL getting some super care from the NHS. the oncology staff are really good but super stretched. Need some paperwork from the Consultant, they are always super busy. So i asked the staff if I can get the Consultant's PA's email add.
.. apparently, due to funding, they no longer have group PAs. The consultants have to manage their own diaries and paperwork!!. I know they are superhuman, but surely we dont expect them to waste time chasing paperwork, when they could be saving lives.
We just keep killing the NHS.

If i say anything more, the Infraction police will be on me in a flash.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Just because it’s the best out there at present doesn’t mean it’s as good as it previously was.

I agree with PW, so many good members have either left or now just lurk as there are a handful of over opinionated people who simply fail to grasp or event attempt to other peoples opinions or views.

As he highlighted a prime example is the game invites, a lot of this is done behind closed messaging to the same people which was never that case when I originally joined. Unfortunately the chance of a complete bell end taking up the offer isn’t worth the risk alas that great part of the forum dies.

there's no need to talk about yourself like that mate. I am sure there's 1 person on here who wouldn't mind laughing at you and your pink castle tee's

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Personally feel that anyone who deletes their account over a few words on a screen they can't handle is better off out of it. And if someone has a problem with 'wokeness' or whatever they want to call it, then I would suggest their problem is with society in general moving out of the dark ages, and not limited to this forum alone. Or perhaps with golf in general that is no longer an old boys club for uptight bigoted old white fellers.

Voyager EMH

Slipper Wearing Plucker of Pheasants
Visit site

As I have been on the forum for a little over 18 months, I can't comment on 7 years ago and more.
I've met around 10 forumers over that time, mainly through Arrange-A-Game and personal messaging. All sound chaps and a great day was had each time.
Three forumers took up an offer of an AmAm at my club earlier this year and I had not met them until the day.
I imagine all three took the risk of playing with a B.E. but went for it anyway.
No one ever said anything about my pink castle tees. I think they were all too polite to do so.
I have opinions on issues that often put me in a minority. This is a forum that includes debating issues, is it not?
Should those with minority opinions not be allowed to take part? How boring would that be?
You are all welcome to answer the above two questions with honest (and lets not forget humorous) opinions.
Long may this forum continue - warts an' all!

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As I have been on the forum for a little over 18 months, I can't comment on 7 years ago and more.
I've met around 10 forumers over that time, mainly through Arrange-A-Game and personal messaging. All sound chaps and a great day was had each time.
Three forumers took up an offer of an AmAm at my club earlier this year and I had not met them until the day.
I imagine all three took the risk of playing with a B.E. but went for it anyway.
No one ever said anything about my pink castle tees. I think they were all too polite to do so.
I have opinions on issues that often put me in a minority. This is a forum that includes debating issues, is it not?
Should those with minority opinions not be allowed to take part? How boring would that be?
You are all welcome to answer the above two questions with honest (and lets not forget humorous) opinions.
Long may this forum continue - warts an' all!
I agree with what you say, but unfortunately a lot of people mistake opinion with fact - and will argue til the death to try and proof their point. This then ends up in going round in circles, gets boring and puts people off. If people just state their point of view once or twice, then agreed to disagree (or even accept the counter argument) this place would be a lot better.