Random Irritations

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Finally we have a shower tray to be installed again

Then the plumber decides nows a good time to tell me hes on holiday again and cant do it until hes back

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Premier Inn website saying that (I've only checked Liverpool and Birmingham but my guess the rest will be the same) all their hotels are "Sold Out" on the second weekend of May 2023. Yeah right! They are waiting on the announcement on which city the Eurovision will be on at in that month, so have blocked all bookings until it's announced then will make a killing.
It will be Liverpool or Glasgow, just announced, so hopefully they will release the other cities now.

Last edited:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
My car got rear ended today at a roundabout. No one hurt but the boot is goosed. Currently waiting for a recovery vehicle to take us home.

Apparently, according to the angry man who drove into me, I'm the winner in this ?. No, I'm not a winner. I'm 120 miles from home with a boot that won't close and the rear end of my car is 6" shorter than it used to be.

The only winners are the two motorcyclists I refused to take out on the roundabout who are still in one piece. Apparently, according to the angry man, I should have just gone, 'they'd have been okay'. Deep sigh.........(before anyone suggests it, no I didn't go on the roundabout and break, I didn't set off at all. He was watching the space, not me)

Over to the insurance companies....

I was rear ended last year when I stopped (albeit a bit sharply ) for a red light. The guy who hit me said I should have jumped them (straight across a double line of traffic)!!

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
People claiming extreme hardship if they get more points on their license and get banned from driving for 6 months. If you have 9 points for being caught speeding on 2 occasions, don't use your phone when driving, resulting in going through a red light.
A driving ban is meant to be a punishment and punishments cause hardship.

You also missed the bit about the fact that he is worth around £100 million.
Chauffeur anyone.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Going to bed at 10 last night feeling a bit ropey. Wake up 30 mins later to rush to the loo for a ?. 10 mins later and I am back at the loo for fluid to gush from the other end ?. This went on for the next three hours. To say I am tired is an understatement.

norovirus??

There is a lot of it about according to our local news

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
In the past few days both mine and the wife’s parents have separately asked if we would like to go on a family holiday with them in the summer. With siblings and their kids. Both have offered the bribe of them paying.

Absolutely flipping not. It’s worth whatever it costs me to go on a nice peaceful holiday. Chewing glass is a more appealing prospect.

The random irritation is them both playing the guilt trip card, that our siblings and other grandkids have said yes and would love it if we came.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
In the past few days both mine and the wife’s parents have separately asked if we would like to go on a family holiday with them in the summer. With siblings and their kids. Both have offered the bribe of them paying.

Absolutely flipping not. It’s worth whatever it costs me to go on a nice peaceful holiday. Chewing glass is a more appealing prospect.

The random irritation is them both playing the guilt trip card, that our siblings and other grandkids have said yes and would love it if we came.

Can you not stay at a hotel down the road and meet up every few days. I have said to my family that I will go on holiday with them if we can have separate hotels.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ah the guilt trip card. I know it well. We are going away next year with the in-laws. Their paying but only for themsleves.. I'd rather that than my parents pay for us...it's a more pleasurable time. I love my parents dearly but if I go on holiday with my mother just no.

Of course the whiny voice starts how it's always that side going away with them etc etc

Guilt trips .. constant

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Ah the guilt trip card. I know it well. We are going away next year with the in-laws. Their paying but only for themsleves.. I'd rather that than my parents pay for us...it's a more pleasurable time. I love my parents dearly but if I go on holiday with my mother just no.

Of course the whiny voice starts how it's always that side going away with them etc etc

Guilt trips .. constant

I know that one, since my dad passed, my mum has been dropping hints that she would like to go back to Antigua where she went with my dad. Love her to bits but I take 2 weeks off a year and I need to relax and do my my own thing and I do not need to be making sure my mum is having a good time as well. Selfish but true. We would alll fall out befire we got off the flght.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I know that one, since my dad passed, my mum has been dropping hints that she would like to go back to Antigua where she went with my dad. Love her to bits but I take 2 weeks off a year and I need to relax and do my my own thing and I do not need to be making sure my mum is having a good time as well. Selfish but true. We would alll fall out befire we got off the flght.

I don’t think we’d even make it to the flight ?

We’ve been away with them before we had kids. I told both sets of parents to their faces it will never happen again. But they insist on bringing it up.

In the past they have tried to be sneaky by messaging one of the kids first about it. That got stopped PDQ.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

My mum's here ATM to help with bathtime as wife's working late

I was busy earlier, came home to my mum on phone to 111 as one the twins had bitten through a toy and may have eaten some pva style liquid..

Nothing to worry about in end but seriously just keep them alive please

Then shopping comes and it's can I help..best thing to do..sit and have a cuppa. Stay out the way ..

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Guilt trips .. constant

You don't know what you've got till it's gone!!