Random Irritations

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
It’s usually me saying this, or similar, to myself that means that a much more complex and large piece of work is about to take place.

E.g, I could put a little lean-to workshop on the new garage…

Translated to, I will build a completely stand alone 6m x 4m garden room/ workshop at around 5 times the cost and fit windows and doors that are better than in some houses…

Every time this happens.

My response to “I’ve been thinking” is to simply ask. How much?

And then run.

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It’s usually me saying this, or similar, to myself that means that a much more complex and large piece of work is about to take place.

E.g, I could put a little lean-to workshop on the new garage…

Translated to, I will build a completely stand alone 6m x 4m garden room/ workshop at around 5 times the cost and fit windows and doors that are better than in some houses…

Every time this happens.

6m x 4m workshop?
Mmmmmmmm :cool:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
It started off as a 3 x 3 lean-to. Then I saw a Laguna cabinet saw that I decided would look great in it, but with a 2.4m x 1.2m table bed the 3 x 3 started looking a bit tight. So I did my usual and completely over engineered.

If you’re ever bored and fancy building pergola with a polycarbon roof, let me know

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
It started off as a 3 x 3 lean-to. Then I saw a Laguna cabinet saw that I decided would look great in it, but with a 2.4m x 1.2m table bed the 3 x 3 started looking a bit tight. So I did my usual and completely over engineered.

My carport design started off at 2.7m x 5m
The finished article was 2.7m x 10m which included a wee workshop/store which I never thought I'd fill :ROFLMAO:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I have an alarm app that requires you to solve a maths problem in order to turn it off, so I wouldn't be able to sleep through it - or so I thought. Somehow this morning I managed to solve the maths problem and turn it off while still half asleep before dozing off for another half an hour. Oops.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
I have an alarm app that requires you to solve a maths problem in order to turn it off, so I wouldn't be able to sleep through it - or so I thought. Somehow this morning I managed to solve the maths problem and turn it off while still half asleep before dozing off for another half an hour. Oops.

What if you are hopeless at Maths?

RichA

Visit site
What if you are hopeless at Maths?
Get a job reporting on economics for BBC News.
I'm irritated by an article I've just read on the app in which someone with debts of £25,000 thinks the 0.5% increase in interest rates will increase their monthly repayments by £250. Chill out mate, it's just over a tenner a month.

yandabrown

Visit site
Get a job reporting on economics for BBC News.
I'm irritated by an article I've just read on the app in which someone with debts of £25,000 thinks the 0.5% increase in interest rates will increase their monthly repayments by £250. Chill out mate, it's just over a tenner a month.
Do you currently hold the job? My calculations made it about £100 per month, or do I need to apply too ?

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Do you currently hold the job? My calculations made it about £100 per month, or do I need to apply too ?

I had it at about £10.00 as well but a bit more info is needed. On what a ready, the 0.5% increase would relate to an annual increase in the amount due in interest of £125.00 but as the payments are monthly then that equates to about £10.00 a month when you divide the £125.00 by 12. There woudl appear to be confusion between the annual interest incease and the reflective increase in monthly payments.