Random Irritations

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
The amount of basic errors already in the games coverage. The 7's table had at least three flags completely wrong (inc England and Scotland). It stood out as there should have been each flag twice - schoolboy error. The wrong athletes in the captions on the triathlon too - plus a few more. Come on those behind the scenes get the basics right!

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
The first thing for insect bites is to reduce the itch by liberally covering the area with talc. But if you must scratch, use an old stiff hair brush.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
We went to a pub early evening with my family. They were playing some classic 70's rock, great stuff. My kids didn't know any of the songs so I was filling them in with who the bands where. They often knew the song, not the origins.

As we were leaving they started one with a brilliant but long intro. The sort you think the vocals will kick in but another round of instrumental happens instead. I couldn't remember the title, left before the vocals started. I can't for the life of me think of the title but the intro is stuck in my head. It sounds very Rush but I've been on YouTube and it isn't one of theirs.

This is going to haunt me tonight :eek:

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
We went to a pub early evening with my family. They were playing some classic 70's rock, great stuff. My kids didn't know any of the songs so I was filling them in with who the bands where. They often knew the song, not the origins.

As we were leaving they started one with a brilliant but long intro. The sort you think the vocals will kick in but another round of instrumental happens instead. I couldn't remember the title, left before the vocals started. I can't for the life of me think of the title but the intro is stuck in my head. It sounds very Rush but I've been on YouTube and it isn't one of theirs.

This is going to haunt me tonight :eek:

Possibly Wishbone Ash?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Possibly Wishbone Ash?
Good shout but I've gone through a few YouTube clips of their big songs but it isn't them.

This may be useless but worth a try.

It starts with what sounds like an electric keyboard quickly playing 2 alternate notes. It could be guitar but the more I think the more I think it's keyboards. Those two alternating notes keep being played. (It's got a Lake Shore Drive keyboard vibe to the sound)

After a while there is a big guitar play, I'm not musical so bear with me. The sort of chord where someone dramatically brings down their right hand to play all the strings in a dramatic fashion. Dum, dum, dum, gap, dum, dum, dum, the keyboard keeps playing, then the guitar comes in again to do the same.

You expect vocals to come in but it repeats for a while.

If I knew the first line it would be easy but I just can't get it, it's just beyond my reach ?. I'm pretty sure it's 70's, 80's at most

Anyone?

ExRabbit

Club Champion
Visit site
Good shout but I've gone through a few YouTube clips of their big songs but it isn't them.

This may be useless but worth a try.

It starts with what sounds like an electric keyboard quickly playing 2 alternate notes. It could be guitar but the more I think the more I think it's keyboards. Those two alternating notes keep being played. (It's got a Lake Shore Drive keyboard vibe to the sound)

After a while there is a big guitar play, I'm not musical so bear with me. The sort of chord where someone dramatically brings down their right hand to play all the strings in a dramatic fashion. Dum, dum, dum, gap, dum, dum, dum, the keyboard keeps playing, then the guitar comes in again to do the same.

You expect vocals to come in but it repeats for a while.

If I knew the first line it would be easy but I just can't get it, it's just beyond my reach ?. I'm pretty sure it's 70's, 80's at most

Anyone?
Yes, ELP, Mike Oldfield? Led Zep - No Quarter?

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
The number of idiotic people that still cycle on busy roads without a helmet. It's time that they were treated like seatbelts in cars and made compulsory.
I’ll raise you……stupid people who ride any motorised 2 wheel transport in tee shirts and shorts, in fact with any area of skin exposed. (Of course they’re not going to fall off………..but I think most motorcycle, moped, scooter accidents involve the rider being knocked off by car drivers ?) There‘s only one winner in the skin v tarmac fight.