Random Irritations

D

Deleted member 3432

I've literally had to go to the garage today to do this, they are absolutely horrendous at the moment.
I also hate cleaning my car at the garage, I'm half planning to go home on Wednesday and change cars so the paint work doesn't get destroyed on my own.

Some guy got splattered a couple of weeks back and got some in his mouth.
He is having to provide stool samples as it has got to be classed as an internal dose of radiation.

That seriously ruins your day. Things are a nightmare, we are lucky at present as we are not getting dive bombed when we go outside to check our cooling towers. There was a nest next to the towers but suspect the egg didn't hatch.

Last edited by a moderator:

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why does the BBC insist upon showing Wimbledon On BBC 1 despite it being scheduled for BBC 2.

It is 2022 not 1972 if you have BBC1 these days you have BBC 2.

Last night I would have recorded Wimbledon and not Sherwood if I had not spotted the change at the very last moment.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
The fact that the biggest sporting events this week are Tennis and Cricket and there is no football and yet TalkSPORT is still all about football.

Before I get the usual faces criticising my random irritations, yes, I know that football is many many times more popular than any sport and I know that Talksport has always been 99% football but it is still allowed to irritate me that a station called TalkSPORT and not TalkFOOTBALL can ignore discussion about the biggest sporting events on at the time and spend 99% of the day covering a sport that is currently not even being played and if they do decide to discuss another sport, they still have footballers talking about it (thought the chat with Joe Root's dad was a nice change this morning). My irritation does not need to be fair or rational (or as with a previous one, event correct) it just has to irritate me.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
The fact that the biggest sporting events this week are Tennis and Cricket and there is no football and yet TalkSPORT is still all about football.

Before I get the usual faces criticising my random irritations, yes, I know that football is many many times more popular than any sport and I know that Talksport has always been 99% football but it is still allowed to irritate me that a station called TalkSPORT and not TalkFOOTBALL can ignore discussion about the biggest sporting events on at the time and spend 99% of the day covering a sport that is currently not even being played and if they do decide to discuss another sport, they still have footballers talking about it (thought the chat with Joe Root's dad was a nice change this morning). My irritation does not need to be fair or rational (or as with a previous one, event correct) it just has to irritate me.

I don’t know how anyone can listen to talksport anyway. It’s the radio equivalent of reading The Sun newspaper.

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
I don’t know how anyone can listen to talksport anyway. It’s the radio equivalent of reading The Sun newspaper.

At the moment becuse I am not a fan of 5 Live breakfast and prefer talk radio in the morning to music. Need to learn how to work podcasts on my car and try them.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why does the BBC insist upon showing Wimbledon On BBC 1 despite it being scheduled for BBC 2.

Last night I would have recorded Wimbledon and not Sherwood if I had not spotted the change at the very last moment.

I love Wimbledon but did want to watch Sherwood. I guessed it had moved to BBC2 as can't recall even seeing or hearing it announced during the tennis?!

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Daughter #1 arrived for a short visit, and on the first evening reveals that she’s 10 weeks pregnant but feels very uncomfortable and has started spotting, i.e. bleeding. She rings the on-call midwife for advice. She’s advised to self-refer and someone will ring her with an appointment to come into the hospital. The following morning things take a turn for the worse, culminating in a miscarriage.

She rings the on-call midwife for advice and is told, once again, to self-refer as she will need to be checked to see if all the placenta has come away and have her hormone levels checked. Over the next few days she chases her self-referral several times.

10 days after the first phone call, 9 days after miscarrying, she gets a call to go in…

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Daughter #1 arrived for a short visit, and on the first evening reveals that she’s 10 weeks pregnant but feels very uncomfortable and has started spotting, i.e. bleeding. She rings the on-call midwife for advice. She’s advised to self-refer and someone will ring her with an appointment to come into the hospital. The following morning things take a turn for the worse, culminating in a miscarriage.

She rings the on-call midwife for advice and is told, once again, to self-refer as she will need to be checked to see if all the placenta has come away and have her hormone levels checked. Over the next few days she chases her self-referral several times.

10 days after the first phone call, 9 days after miscarrying, she gets a call to go in…

Such a sorry story Brian . Could she not have called an ambulance as things worsened, or turned up in A & E?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I enjoyed the juxtaposition of you identifying that it's 2022, but still 'recording' things instead of just using iPlayer. :D

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whenever we get the Jaffa Cakes out my missus insists on being provided with a glass of milk to dunk them in. What the hell kind of custom is that?? She told me to try one once as if I would have an epiphany, it simply made the Jaffa Cake cold, damp and ruined the flavour. I worry about her sometimes.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Whenever we get the Jaffa Cakes out my missus insists on being provided with a glass of milk to dunk them in. What the hell kind of custom is that?? She told me to try one once as if I would have an epiphany, it simply made the Jaffa Cake cold, damp and ruined the flavour. I worry about her sometimes.

Didn’t the worry start when you found out about her taste in men? ?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I enjoyed the juxtaposition of you identifying that it's 2022, but still 'recording' things instead of just using iPlayer. :D

I player is such a pfaff - Log in - get your code, input your code via a phone or computer hunt around for ages to find the programme you actually want to watch. Crappy fast forward/rewind.

Recording check recordings press play on the one you want. Fall asleep watching it pick up remote say go to and pick up where you were or want to go to bed just press continue when you want to watch the rest.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I player is such a pfaff - Log in - get your code, input your code via a phone or computer hunt around for ages to find the programme you actually want to watch. Crappy fast forward/rewind.

Recording check recordings press play on the one you want. Fall asleep watching it pick up remote say go to and pick up where you were or want to go to bed just press continue when you want to watch the rest.
Is it?? My iPlayer is permanently logged in on my phone so I simply open app, find program, cast it to TV in seconds. No need to remember to record things - I don't even know when they're actually on to be honest. Just check the app for a new episode on the night we're wanting to watch something. :)

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Is it?? My iPlayer is permanently logged in on my phone so I simply open app, find program, cast it to TV in seconds. No need to remember to record things - I don't even know when they're actually on to be honest. Just check the app for a new episode on the night we're wanting to watch something. :)

When I am at home a lot of the time I could not tell you where my phone is. I have a smart TV and Sky so would always approach it via that. I also record because I often have 3 recordings on the go at once and am watching a 4th programme on another option.

One of the other things about recordings is that that they stay on the recorder forever until you delete them. With some providers like Netflix and Sky they stop being available after a while. Started a few series and not been able to watch the end of them because they have been made "no longer available".