Random Irritations

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Why, on the weekly Friday wash up call, when you are told to give an overview of your week's highlights in 2 minutes, there is one person who talks for 15.

He's on now.. that's why I am on here. Gosh he is so boring!

6 weeks to go and I am a man of leisure.
I used to go to local Chamber of Commerce meetings and at the start they would do a 'state of play' from all of the companies present. They asked everyone to stick to 2 minutes. I would do 1 minute, no more. That was plenty of time. Others would do a full corporate presentation taking 10-15 minutes. I would complain each time after the meeting to the person running the meeting but they didn't want to upset anyone so wouldn't interrupt. I stopped going. Why is it so hard for some people to understand a time restraint? Too self important?

spongebob59

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Why, on the weekly Friday wash up call, when you are told to give an overview of your week's highlights in 2 minutes, there is one person who talks for 15.

He's on now.. that's why I am on here. Gosh he is so boring!

6 weeks to go and I am a man of leisure.

As much down to the person chairing the meeting as well as one rambling on.
Think people are so scared of saying the wrong thing these days.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I bought two tickets for Vennart a few weeks ago, for £39.50. Two weeks later he cancelled, saying it was something to do with Covid regulations, but nothing specific. Seetickets then refunded me only £35, so I'm £4.50 out of pocket now. What the hell? No explanation or anything. Presume it will be some horse-manure about booking fees but I think that's scandalous that I don't get the whole amount back. I've tried to contact them and they won't answer either.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
More a random confusion of the day.
Just seen theist of bidders for the 2025 City Of Culture.
County Durham, Lancashire etc I thought it was supposed to be a city not a whole county ?
I can top that, Dumfries and Galloway, Cumbria and Northumberland is 1 bid o_O. I think it is a really poor decision. The city of culture needs a focus, it also offers a chance for a down at heel city to get some much needed funds and promotion. Spreading the concept over bigger areas will lessen the impact imo. Weird.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Look im getting really fed up with the little digs and jibes,
The Forum is what it is, if you don’t like it, then go elsewhere.

You must realise that you are one of the reasons why political discussion is now not allowed.

It is primarily a GOLF Forum

Hey, here’s a thought! Maybe a mod could give him a week’s/fortnight’s ban? That might make him think twice.;)

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Half maskers. People who are wearing their mask still under their nose. You don't have tp wear one, if you do not like/want to wear one properly, have the courage of your convictions and don't wear one rather than just pretending. And add to that those that have them on their wrist but never actually put them on, want to appear like they care enough to wear a mask but never actually do.

Whereditgo

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Highest infection rate in the country where our office is based, mask wearing I would estimate to be less than 10%, unless you go to one of the higher end supermarkets on the outskirts of the City, then its more like 90% :unsure:

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
An irritation in itself that on here we can’t get express opinions and irritations about some stuff going on that really matters…the world is truly ?. But hey ho…maybe the best for my state of mind…??. So instead I’ll have a laugh at Wokeo and Juliet because, you know, it doesn’t matter one jot or tittle.

I blame brexit, Boris and trump

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
We got what we applied for, Hockey & Rugby 7’s, helps having a daughter who lives in Brum, so gets priority and also going for slightly less high profile events

We're West Midlands too, don't think they're on sale for anyone else yet. Me and the lad got hockey but missed out on swimming, diving and track. Means it's cost me £23 instead of over £100 so every cloud.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Everyone active booking system

Wow is it terrible

Trying to book our daughter in for swimming lessons (all done now) just so slow and not smart for all online based system