Random Irritations

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
A few more examples.........
Can you do 30mins overtime tonight?
What do you want me to do, sleep here

You could do with losing a few pounds
What do you want me to do, starve myself?

There is a middle ground

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
Giving way on a single track road. Both times taking my 2 seater onto the verge to allow a 4x4 to pass. Both drivers stoney-faced and not a flicker of acknowledgement. I cannot tell you how angry this rudeness makes me...always tempted to turn around and chase them until I can confront them face to face about their total ignorance :mad::mad:

I must say they are pretty good round here until they get to the supermarket and get behind a trolley :eek:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Angela Rayner, Shadow Education, putting forward a perfectly good policy to change the university application process so that students apply once they have their results. It needs some work but the concept is sound. Unfortunately she is incapable of putting a coherent argument / sentence together and when she started to flounder she threw 'class' into the mix :(. 'When in doubt.........' Please can Corbyn be kicked out and the whole shadow cabinet be sent to back bench obscurity.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
My irritation was going to be Plusnet putting up my BT Sport app from £5 to £10 a month...

But when I logged in to cancel it, I noticed I was able to upgrade my current broadband to a faster speed than it is now ('Fibre' to 'Fibre Extra' package - around 40mb to 70mb download speed), and it's actually £3 cheaper per month, for the next 18 months! I've promptly confirmed this of course, but my new irritation is why didn't they ever contact me to offer this deal? They just wait for me to login and stumble upon it?? How often are we logging into our broadband homepages just on the off chance there are some new deals? Daft.

(Obviously the upside is since I'm saving 3 quid then BT Sport is only an extra 2 quid so I think I'll keep it now. :LOL: )

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Angela Rayner, Shadow Education, putting forward a perfectly good policy to change the university application process so that students apply once they have their results. It needs some work but the concept is sound. Unfortunately she is incapable of putting a coherent argument / sentence together and when she started to flounder she threw 'class' into the mix :(. 'When in doubt.........' Please can Corbyn be kicked out and the whole shadow cabinet be sent to back bench obscurity.

That interview just went round and round and she was shocking. It went from "a minor tweak" and when Charlie suggested it was more she said "well it would be a major overhaul but we can do it". A shame as agree the concept is sound and would save a lot of stress with regard to clearing after results have been received.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
A few more examples.........
Can you do 30mins overtime tonight?
What do you want me to do, sleep here

You could do with losing a few pounds
What do you want me to do, starve myself?

There is a middle ground

I'm sure you get it but, the responsibility lies with the person delivering the first statements to establish the middle ground, not necessarily the person replying because without context it would 'usually' be the opening statements that are way out of order, not the reply ;)

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Drivers who dont notice their rear wiper is going all the time, regardless that it hasnt rained for ages.
Just goes to prove they don't check their rear view mirror at all.
They don't need to if women. Instinct and peripheral vision is better than in men.
Us poor blokes only have one X chromosome. Women have two.

D

Deleted member 21258

Drivers who dont notice their rear wiper is going all the time, regardless that it hasnt rained for ages.
Just goes to prove they don't check their rear view mirror at all.

Was you following me on Saturday night :LOL::LOL:, somehow I turned on the intermittent wipe on a transit minibus I had hired, and in the dark couldn't figure out how to turn it off. Had to leave it on for all the way home:mad::D:D

Wasn't until the morning, I noticed there was a rocker switch at the end of the stalk to turn it on/off. What a crazy place to put it, never seen a rocker switch at the end of the stalk before. DOH! That was irritating.

Grogger

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last summer, where it was hot for about three months straight, seems like a distant memory. Back to normal this year. :cautious:

To be fair I should be used to it living in Lancashire.

Wasn’t so bad when I was in the Navy. At least it was sunny in Pompey some of the time :)

woofers

Medal Winner
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal. With 42degrees and 100% humidity putting in a helmet and leathers would leave people dying!
Whereas being knocked off without any protective clothing would just leave you with tons of gravel rash at best and at worst, a lot of your skin missing and a very bloody mess of your hands, arms, legs etc.

I am constantly irritated and amazed at anyone riding any powered 2 wheel machine without protective clothing - they think they won’t fall off, which maybe correct, as I believe most motorcycle / scooter / moped accidents are a result of being knocked off by a 4 wheel vehicle.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Whereas being knocked off without any protective clothing would just leave you with tons of gravel rash at best and at worst, a lot of your skin missing and a very bloody mess of your hands, arms, legs etc.

I am constantly irritated and amazed at anyone riding any powered 2 wheel machine without protective clothing - they think they won’t fall off, which maybe correct, as I believe most motorcycle / scooter / moped accidents are a result of being knocked off by a 4 wheel vehicle.

I'd say the same of cyclists without a crash helmet ................................. utter madness and should be compulsory.

drdel

Tour Rookie
Visit site

It's why surgeons refer to them a 'spare parts'.