Random Irritations

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
people who slow down approaching a green light, they even stopped at one... WTF!!!
To be fair it's something we're almost forced to teach.
The examiners don't like heavy braking
So if the light has been green for a while it may change on approach.
If you're going a bit slower you have more chance to decide to go or brake and if you brake it will be more controlled.
I nearly had a lad fail because on 3 lights in a row he didn't ease off, the lights changed and he had to slam on the anchors
As for stopping on a green - seen it done plenty...no answer:LOL:

D

Deleted member 18121

Stuff that irritated me from my recent trip to Disney:

1. people stopping in entrances/exits/middle of paths
2. pushing pushchairs, trollies etc but walking along side them instead of behind them
3. fat people using (and sharing) mobility scooters because they're lazy - (PS yes I can say this as a 19 stone man)
4. nearly all drivers in florida use their mobile phones whilst driving - the florida law on mobile use in the car is ridiculous
5. again in florida - motorcylists not wearing helmets. also combined with wearing shorts, flip flops, vests etc
6. people who cant swim putting themselves in harms way and causing lifeguards to save them (4 times within 1 hour - TWICE the same damn girl)
7. slow walkers who step out from behind other slow walkers - then DONT speed up. Idiots.
8. people having a set of selfie poses..... tongue out to one side, duck face, mouth open, staring into distance
9. parents forcing their kids to pose and smile - even though they're quite obviously tired and unhappy. NO you must make people think we're having fun.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

2. pushing pushchairs, trollies etc but walking along side them instead of behind them
3. fat people using (and sharing) mobility scooters because they're lazy - (PS yes I can say this as a 19 stone man)
4. nearly all drivers in florida use their mobile phones whilst driving - the florida law on mobile use in the car is ridiculous
5. again in florida - motorcylists not wearing helmets. also combined with wearing shorts, flip flops, vests etc
6. people who cant swim putting themselves in harms way and causing lifeguards to save them (4 times within 1 hour - TWICE the same damn girl)
7. slow walkers who step out from behind other slow walkers - then DONT speed up. Idiots.
8. people having a set of selfie poses..... tongue out to one side, duck face, mouth open, staring into distance
9. parents forcing their kids to pose and smile - even though they're quite obviously tired and unhappy. NO you must make people think we're having fun.
But driving in Florida is so much easy than back here in Blighty. Didn't you find people more polite? I did wonder if the ability to carry handguns had a help;)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site

I'd never wear flip flops or ride without gloves, but I can see the attraction of going helmet less in Florida.

D

Deleted member 18121

But driving in Florida is so much easy than back here in Blighty. Didn't you find people more polite? I did wonder if the ability to carry handguns had a help;)

Honestly no, I found that due to the "freeway" style of driving that there were approximately 1.7million lane changes approaching all slip roads and intersections. But I think due to reduced speed limits it all kind of works.

I did enjoy driving over there. It's kind of lazy and easy.

D

Deleted member 18121

I'd never wear flip flops or ride without gloves, but I can see the attraction of going helmet less in Florida.

Don't get me wrong, I see the appeal. With 42degrees and 100% humidity putting in a helmet and leathers would leave people dying!

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
Morrison couldn't string a sentence together, couldn't watch and speak at the same time. Merson is a 'lad' on there but can follow the brief of what is needed. Sometimes patchily, no question, but on the whole he fits in with the rest of the team.

Like a few on there he is not to everyone's taste, Phil Thompson winds a lot of people up, but that is a separate issue.

Have your tellys no off button?

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

Maybe she fancied the life guard?