Random Irritations

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Flicking through am August Golf mag I picked up a month ago but haven't had chance to read, there was an test/review article on seven new 7is. The test distances being given were 174yds to 205yds - carry! Who does this sort of testing and hit the ball these sort distances. A 7i? I thought most of us handicap golfer might look to hit a 7i something like 150-160yds - with carry obs being somewhat less. Maybe I just feeble. Irritating article.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
Flicking through am August Golf mag I picked up a month ago but haven't had chance to read, there was an test/review article on seven new 7is. The test distances being given were 174yds to 205yds - carry! Who does this sort of testing and hit the ball these sort distances. A 7i? I thought most of us handicap golfer might look to hit a 7i something like 150-160yds - with carry obs being somewhat less. Maybe I just feeble. Irritating article.

Sounds total tosh, isn't that longer than the av on pga tour

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Sounds total tosh, isn't that longer than the av on pga tour

Exactly why I find it irritating. Short, Middle and Longest below
  • Ping G410 - 174 yds
  • Callaway Apex 19 - 180yds
  • Callaway Rogue X - 205yds
And for the 'most game-improvement iron in our snapshot'
  • TaylorMade M6 - 183yds
And these are carry distances

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Exactly why I find it irritating. Short, Middle and Longest below
  • Ping G410 - 174 yds
  • Callaway Apex 19 - 180yds
  • Callaway Rogue X - 205yds
And for the 'most game-improvement iron in our snapshot'
  • TaylorMade M6 - 183yds
And these are carry distances
prob all at least a 6 iron anyway so not unheard of for some to be hitting a 6 iron 170 plus

Pathetic Shark

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Idiots who fall for the most basically obvious phishing scams and then go whining to national newspapers about that their bank won't refund their money because they were so stupid.

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Had a joint golf lesson with my 12yo son with our assistant pro. He gives very good lessons. He gets my son working on something and then comes over to see me hit a few balls. A senior member then wonders over to my son and starts telling him where he is going wrong! The pro decided to keep quiet whilst trying not to laugh.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It is more likely to be 7 different lofts for the 7 different 7 irons and if they are lucky the might have 7 brothers looking for😜