Random Irritations

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Stopping at some traffic lights for a narrow hump-back bridge, only to have a cyclist pass me and cross the bridge!
He had to stop halfway across to allow a vehicle, coming the other way, to pass.
The bridge is on a bend in the road and all traffic have to cross it slowly, thankfully!
I wish he'd been knocked off his bike, I really do. It may have taught him a lesson!

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
The annual farce that is insurance renewal. I've used 2 search engines; the cheapest firm on one search engine has declined to quote on the other! So how the hell does that work? Same rider, same bike, same experience, same no claims, yet that level of disparity. I don't think one company has come up with the same quote on both search engines.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Had a joint golf lesson with my 12yo son with our assistant pro. He gives very good lessons. He gets my son working on something and then comes over to see me hit a few balls. A senior member then wonders over to my son and starts telling him where he is going wrong! The pro decided to keep quiet whilst trying not to laugh.
Sorry but I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue. You are paying the pro so let him teach and tell the senior to leave well alone

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry but I wouldn't have been able to hold my tongue. You are paying the pro so let him teach and tell the senior to leave well alone

I had this when I took my two boys to the range when they were 6 and 8. I was letting them get on with having fun and trying to hit it as hard and as far as possible. A guy from a few bays down who was there with his two kids came over and told me they were doing it wrong. My response was "I don't care. Just look at the smiles on their faces and how happy they look compared to your two, they look miserable with you constantly criticising them".

BubbaP

Occasional Player of Golf
Visit site
BBC sport website, showing the Spanish La Liga table, including the who's moved up & down places images, after just one game! 🤷‍♂️

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Effectively being unable to leave the house. The numpties who run the M20 have decided to close it from j9 to j11 both ways for road works connected to new j10a building work. This means everyone travelling to or from the Dover ferry port and Channel Tunnel is routed up and down the A20 where there are temporary traffic lights and have to go through Ashford town centre. The traffic at 9 am was back past my village, some 6 miles from M20 and if its anything like when they did the same thing about 3 weeks ago the whole area including the villages off the main road were all gridlocked too - not sure whether I'll get to and from my golf course for tomorrow's comp 😣

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Effectively being unable to leave the house. The numpties who run the M20 have decided to close it from j9 to j11 both ways for road works connected to new j10a building work. This means everyone travelling to or from the Dover ferry port and Channel Tunnel is routed up and down the A20 where there are temporary traffic lights and have to go through Ashford town centre. The traffic at 9 am was back past my village, some 6 miles from M20 and if its anything like when they did the same thing about 3 weeks ago the whole area including the villages off the main road were all gridlocked too - not sure whether I'll get to and from my golf course for tomorrow's comp 😣
Leave now, take supplies and you'll be fine....(y):unsure:

stefanovic

Medal Winner
Visit site
Stopping at some traffic lights for a narrow hump-back bridge, only to have a cyclist pass me and cross the bridge!
He had to stop halfway across to allow a vehicle, coming the other way, to pass.
The bridge is on a bend in the road and all traffic have to cross it slowly, thankfully!
I wish he'd been knocked off his bike, I really do. It may have taught him a lesson!

But cyclists do not have to obey any rules or the Highway Code.
They can freely cycle on pavements treating pedestrians as slalom poles. They can race along canal towpaths with zero regard for other users. They do not need to give warning of their approach (the cycle bell is now a thing of the past). They can use their mobile phone while travelling. They can do wheelies, even through densely packed shopping malls.
Can't understand why you are complaining.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
the clown who was trying to play the bagpipes down by the river at 4am this morning, if he's there again at that time, I'm going down there and shove them right up them

Is he trying to find a quiet place to play them and hopefully not disturb too many folk? My brother plays and often heads down to a field near an Industrial Estate in the evening to practice!

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Is he trying to find a quiet place to play them and hopefully not disturb too many folk? My brother plays and often heads down to a field near an Industrial Estate in the evening to practice!
not at effing 4am only a short distanve from a residential area, if he wanted to do it during the day fair enough, 4 am FRO

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I cut out the right side of the right shoe of an old pair of golf shoes today, to make room for my fractured toe. Sad to see the end zone for my yellow and white footjoy classics, but needs must, and I have nearly binned them a few times over the years.

Played Greensomes today. Never really got going, holed zip, just a bit off the pace. 37 pts. Bog average.

47 in da house. 47? Some score. Off 1 and 8 I think.

Foursomes tomorrow, followed by betterball next Saturday.

Irritation? Playing with a busted toe. It hurts.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
VAR - probably the nail in the coffin for me and watching football. Whether the end result is right or wrong it removes the joy and excitement and everything that's good about football. That applies when it's for or against your team - let's all wait 5 minutes before reacting emotionally to a game that used to be full of emotion.